Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2

Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cleaning Procedure from the CVA manual.

#9 starts like this:

#9 Using a properly fitting screwdriver remove the firing pin bushing from the front of the breechface.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Perhaps you are correct; perhaps they will. It seems to me CVA may have erred about the popularity of BH209 coupled with the fact they are wanting folk to shoot them white hot pellet.

CVA could start tomorrow, and include the BH plug with the new rifles they package and ready for shipping. They could provide free BH plugs for all rifles with an earlier serial #.

One would think the new short light Accura will be shipped with the BH plug. I see no reason why it shouldn't. Oh wait, there is one possible reason; CVA wants more $$, and by charging $ for a plug that could have been included with the rifle, they get more $$. Some may respond that pellet shooters need the old style plug, but this is malarky. The new BH plug will handle pellets just fine, as does the Omega/Encore plug.

If i myself built rifles, i would guarantee them for life. However if a person sent one of my rifles back to me with a screw driver slot all buggered up, and wanted me to fix it for free, i wouldn't be so very happy. I admit i would fix it for free, but i definitely wouldn't be very concerned about time. Why is it i should be worried about how long a person that damaged one of my rifles should have to wait for me to fix damage, caused by his use of the incorrect tool? Why is it i should concern myself with rushing back the rifle to an individual that didn't properly clean my rifle that i did my best to make perfect, when i built it?

It is my understanding you are in business yourself. I suspect you yourself, are quite careful, and don't rush into hiring more help when ever you fall a little behind.
Better yet build a BP that shoots all powders and pellets like T/C does.regarding the 6-8 week lag time, this isn't a new problem it's become standard as it has with other M/L company's, this i know from my own personal experience in dealing with CVA!

Last edited by builder459; 03-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can buy a CVA gun, and a bucket of BP's, and it will still be cheaper than a TC.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yer going to have to eat them words when you finish paying for your MR, aren't you?

The last rifle i purchased was an Omega 45 caliber with stainless barrel brand new for $307.75 including shipping to our front door.

Be honest now. How much will you be paying for the MR? Near double what i paid for my Omega?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Yer going to have to eat them words when you finish paying for your MR, aren't you?

The last rifle i purchased was an Omega 45 caliber with stainless barrel brand new for $307.75 including shipping to our front door.

Be honest now. How much will you be paying for the MR? Near double what i paid for my Omega?
The CVA MSRP is 600 and change. dealers will probably sell them for 500 and change and i paid 279.00 for my triumph
Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lets compare apples to apples. Why do you take the top of the line CVA, and a lower model TC.

How much is the Bone Collector?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Banned

You can get a laminated cva kodiak in 45 or 50cal for... what??.. $220 and some change. Thats more comparable to the omega you got, only yours i think had the plastic stock.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

true but TCs are made in the USA! LOL
Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You can buy a CVA gun, and a bucket of BP's, and it will still be cheaper than a TC.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

dealer pricing on the BC models is $455-$485... way OVERPRICED though everything from TC is overpriced

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Lets compare apples to apples. Why do you take the top of the line CVA, and a lower model TC.

How much is the Bone Collector?

Last edited by rdpettit; 03-12-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:44 AM
Spike

Default CVA Accura V2 (part 2)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check into the other blogs. I was shooting CCI primers. Had to use magnums to improve ignition with the Blackhorn. Used standard CCIs with the 777. I tried swabbing between shots and not. I didn't see a lot of difference yet, but I've only put about about 100 rounds through the gun so far. Since I had so much trouble with fouling, I cleaned the barrel and breech plug thoroughly at least between groups.

I'm trying all the easily available bullets--XTPs, Shockwave, Barnes, Hornady, CVA, Precision, etc. I'm willing to try various powders, but the only things on the shelf around me are 777, Shockey's, and Blackhorn. CVA mentioned White Hots to me too, but I haven't seen any on the shelf anywhere. I did pick up a can of Alliant's MZ recently, but obviously can't report any results on that yet.

I'm just getting back into muzzleloading, but I've been a hunter all my life. I also consider myself more technically competent than most. I've modified triggers, shimmed parts, glass bedded, refinished, and did light gunsmith duty at a sporting goods store for a couple years. I do all my own archery work except build strings and I'm working on that. Anyway, just saying that I didn't expect this much trouble with a new gun. If the firing pin was going to clog up in less than 100 shots, then I should have been warned and properly equipped to deal with it. I don't see any reason you wouldn't want the modified breech plug for all loose powders. It puts the grains about a quarter inch from the primer versus close to an inch with their standard breech plug.

Thanks again for the comments. I'll post more when I have news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.