Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My other new gun came in today >

My other new gun came in today

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My other new gun came in today

Old 03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Default My other new gun came in today

Got a 1990 CVA Apollo with musket nipple " now converted to #11" with a gorgeous wood grain stock. Trigger isn't bad at all, some creep but the trigger pull is right around 3lbs.

Emailed CVA the serial # to make sure before I load it to shoot.

One bad thing, its missing a part in the bolt that holds the cocking lever in place.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

woohooo!! Apparently when i was cleaning the bolt, the missing part was held up by gunk and then fell into the sink water without me knowing. Shes all clean and ready to shoot now.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Nice. Now where are the pictures.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

MD, if that one was part of the recall, does CVA offer a new gun in exchange? Just curious.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Banned

yeah Dudley already told me to send it in but at the time i was told it was a recall gun. This looks to be a solid barrel and not the 2 piece. No breech plug to mess with as well.

Oh hell there is a breech plug it looks like! Hard to tell with the rust covering the inside of that section.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck with it. Let us know how it comes out.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Banned

well Mark from CVA emailed me and he said that gun was one of their firsts. Completely safe to shoot. He also said there is a removable breech plug but most likely will never come out if the previous owner hadn't removed it. I will call it a fixed plug for now LOL. I mentioned some rust in the receiver and he offered to take a look and inspect it free of charge just to make sure everything is okay with it.

90gr 2f goex/pyrodex RS with the 250 Aerolite he said should be a great shooting load in it.

I WAS going to shoot it but that darn nagging sister calls me this morning..... Can you come over and help me tear out my floors? I want new wood floors.

BLAH!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck man!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those early CVA guns were very nice. They were expensive too.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

oh wait till i get pics of the factory finish! Beautiful but sadly must be stripped down due to some dents but main issue is that its flaking off towards the butt pad. Won't hurt anything other than the eye sights for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.