Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

54Renegade

Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Default 54Renegade

Saw a 54 Renegade on an auction site. It says unfired and comes with scope bases and rings even. only $200.00 thats not a bad deal if someone wanted a renegade. Me, well i was able to resist.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a great deal. Where's the auction? Is that a "buy it now" price?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:45 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Semisane
That's a great deal. Where's the auction? Is that a "buy it now" price?
Check your email

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 03-03-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Want me to send a link to you? Or just post it?
Just go ahead and post it. Thanks.

EDIT: Got the e-mail. Thanks. I saw that one. There's something funky about that scope base. I wonder if it uses the original sight holes or there are more holes drilled in the barrel. And of course, those see-through rings would have to go.

The starting bid is $200 with 4 days left and no bids so far. If that doesn't change by Tuesday I may jump on it (after talking to the seller about how that base is mounted).

Last edited by Semisane; 03-03-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Someone puts a scope on it, and doesn't shoot it?

Not interested. Just curious what it looks like. Post a link.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Semisane
Just go ahead and post it. Thanks.

EDIT: Got the e-mail. Thanks. I saw that one. There's something funky about that scope base. I wonder if it uses the original sight holes or there are more holes drilled in the barrel. And of course, those see-through rings would have to go.

The starting bid is $200 with 4 days left and no bids so far. If that doesn't change by Tuesday I may jump on it (after talking to the seller about how that base is mounted).
If you talk to the seller find out how I can get in touch with him. He has a gun I want to bid on but the stupid auction site couldn't verify my info so I couldn't bid or contact the seller

Old 03-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Someone puts a scope on it, and doesn't shoot it?

My thoughs exactly Muley. It looks clean in the picture though.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=275965764
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty clean looking in the nipple area. It could be unfired.

Either way it looks pretty clean. Except for that stupid scope mount.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

that auction starts at 200$. gonna guess it will go for a little more. it uses the wideview scope mount. ive used them in the past. it uses just the sight screw holes. your barrel doesnt need the rear hole with that mount. its not as snug as the thompson center mount base but works fine especially if you dont have the rear hole tapped. it has the see through rings so hammer clearance isint an issue but you may need a cheek pad to raise your eye up a little. looks like its never been shot to me. sometimes i have gotten great deals on guns only to have them sit in the cabinet. in my case the nearest shooting range is like an hour away and busy on the weekends so other guns take priority some years.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you talk to the seller find out how I can get in touch with him.
Maybe this will do it Sharpsshooter. My registration is working OK. So I logged on to the site and sent him the following through the "contact seller" option.

Hey Strippling, I have a buddy who wants to ask you a question about one of your auction items. But his GunBroker.com registration seems to be screwed up at the moment.

My registration is working, so I told him I would ask you to send him some contact info. He is Xxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com (Or send me a return message and I will forward it to him.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.