HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Sexy (bore) Pictures (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/359585-sexy-bore-pictures.html)

Semisane 03-02-2012 06:00 PM

Sexy (bore) Pictures

My youngest son is an automotive mechanic. I was at his shop today and he was using his Snap-On Wireless Video Scope to look down into the nooks and crannies of an engine.

Dang! I didn't know he had one of those. Of course, I had to borrow it for a while to peek down the bore of some of my sidelocks.

I thought I would share some pictures I took.

This first one is a shot of the breech of my .54 Lyman Great Plains. It was taken with my Nikon COOLPIX digital camera aimed at the scope's little screen. It came out pretty well. But not nearly as clear and sharp as looking at the live screen.

You can see the face of the breech plug, the chambered breech, and the threaded end of the touch hole liner.

The video unit is set up with a "TV Out" port. So I hooked it up to a 17" flat screen TV and took these additional shots of the Lyman's breech. Again, they are not as clear and sharp as viewing the unit's screen directly.

Of course, I couldn't stop there. I pulled out the TC Hawken with it's .58 caliber Green Mountain caplock barrel and took these.

With the end of the scope about four inches from the breech you can see the face of the breech plug and the chambered breech.

Going a little deeper, you can see where the flash channel enters the chambered breech - and what appears to be a burr or "ear" left over from the drilling process.

Going a little deeper again, you find out it's not a burr, but just looks that way because of where the drill hole enters the rounded bottom of the chamber.

Couldn't stop with two. So I pulled out the Baby Sinful Sister with its .45 Green Mountain caplock barrel and took these.

Gotta bring his scope back tomorrow. But I know where it is when I need it. :D

cayugad 03-02-2012 06:07 PM

that is really cool. Talk about being able to check a bore. Cool.

Blackpowdersmoke 03-02-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3917498)
that is really cool. Talk about being able to check a bore. Cool.

Yea, that is pretty neat...kinda like performing a colonoscopy on your barrels! :biggrin:...

BPS

corey012778 03-02-2012 06:26 PM

that is cool.

thought about buying one from harbor fright. I may get kicked out of gunshops around here if I did.

Semisane 03-02-2012 06:29 PM

One thing I noticed. The chambered breech is centered in the bore on both the Lyman and the .58. but off-center in the .45.

So if I shoot a bad group with the .45 I now have something to blame it on. :s2:

SJAdventures 03-02-2012 06:32 PM

I think I seen a Polyp.

nchawkeye 03-02-2012 06:34 PM

So, do you have any polyps???????

WV Hunter 03-02-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke (Post 3917504)
Yea, that is pretty neat...kinda like performing a colonoscopy on your barrels! :biggrin:...

BPS

LOL :D

Pretty cool stuff there Semi...

sqezer 03-03-2012 06:23 AM

How much doe's one of those little baby's cost.;)

Semisane 03-03-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by sqezer (Post 3917609)
How much does one of those little baby's cost.;)

My son said it was a little North of $500 squezer. It's no toy.