Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anyone ever seen or use these Conicals? >

Anyone ever seen or use these Conicals?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone ever seen or use these Conicals?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone ever seen or use these Conicals?

I bought these back in '02 at Dixon's in Kempton, Pa. My son went to college at nearby Kutztown U. and I used to swing by Dixon's everytime I went to visit him. That place is like Mecca for us frontstuffers! I bought these along with a bunch of other goodies and apparently wasn't paying close enough attn. to detail at the time. They are a WARREN hollow base bullet that measures .533 diameter and they're 7/8" long and 320grains. When I got home with them, I realized they wouldn't work in my T/C .54's and I just kept forgetting to return them when I would go visit the kid. Anyway, I thought some of you "paper patch" boys may have seen or used them. I could probably cloth patch them and shoot em' for grins or melt them and make something else, but I thought that would be a waste. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to swap them for two new tins of CCI #11 perc. caps as an even trade. I gave $7.00 for them back then although I think that was kinda pricey for the time...BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 02-15-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I used to shoot a lot of Warren bullets. They had a web site at one time where you could order a lot of different bullets. They had hand cast roundballs that were not too expensive and actually shot real good. I also tried their .58 caliber minnie balls in my 1-70 .58 caliber. I forget the weight but they were huge. And actually they were accurate, but not enough for my liking.

I never shot their .54 caliber minnie because of the results if their .58's. And I figured with a 1-48 twist it would be a waste of money. Although it would have been fun to shoot.