HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   grrr someone tryed to break into my work shop. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/357601-grrr-someone-tryed-break-into-my-work-shop.html)

corey012778 01-23-2012 09:14 PM

grrr someone tryed to break into my work shop.

I was coming from picking some of my stuff from my old work area to my new work shop. unlocked the door. looked like someone took an screwdriver to the door, also kicked at the door. called the police. talked about a few things could to do to keep it from happening again.

added another lock. people next door are going to set up there trail cam to see if they can catch anyone massing around. going to add some motion flood lights.

if it was not for our dog. they may have tried to get into the house. god help them if they did and I was home. my thoughts, shoot until they don't move. if I am not sure reload and empty the second clip.

Breechplug 01-23-2012 09:25 PM

I'd be sleeping out there and GOD help them if they tried it again, well I guess GOD could'nt help at that point as I DONT MISS!
For time being I would leave any thing good out there. Get a window sticker that says (Tresspasser will be shot, then shot again) they'll get the hint. Sorry to hear about that Corey, there's a-lot of scumbags in this world. I wish you and your wife much happiness in your new home.
(BP)

HDMontana 01-24-2012 04:25 AM

Sorry to hear about. Most of us have enough to worry about without adding something like that to it. Glad everyone is alright and ditto on what breechplug said.

omegasmoke 01-24-2012 05:08 AM

That's a bummer Corey. You've only been there for what, a couple weeks? I hope you get a pic of those long fingered sons a bi***es.

a1smokepole 01-24-2012 06:36 AM

time for a gun safe

Boonechaser 01-24-2012 07:03 AM

Man that sucks, at your new house, already..... Not sure if you have a tractor supply in your area but, i just picked one of these up as a additional safe. It is built better than the one, I gave 1200.00 for at almost half the price. Great fireproof safe!!! 12- 1.25" locking bolts and I anchored it to the slab foundation, Don't think it is going anywhere. I think the sale ends at the end of the month.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/winches...pacity-1043297

builder459 01-24-2012 07:34 AM

when we bought the house were in now i insisted that it be fenced, the lil lady liked several other houses that were not fenced and i said no.We have 5 acres in a rural area that came with a 6 ft chain link fence with 3 large access gates and 2 smaller entry gates.i also have a 100 plus pound red nose pit that keeps an eye on things and a yappy pug ;)fences and dogs detour thieves.

oldsmellhound 01-24-2012 08:28 AM

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you are taking some steps to prevent it from happening again. A dog is a great deterrent to thieves....

SecondChance 01-24-2012 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Breechplug (Post 3904343)
I'd be sleeping out there and GOD help them if they tried it again, well I guess GOD could'nt help at that point as I DONT MISS!
For time being I would leave any thing good out there. Get a window sticker that says (Tresspasser will be shot, then shot again) they'll get the hint. Sorry to hear about that Corey, there's a-lot of scumbags in this world. I wish you and your wife much happiness in your new home.
(BP)

Sounds good, but from over 20yrs LEO work, rarely do they come back unless they saw something of real importance. More times then not, it was just a bash and dash hit and they won't be back. Great idea on the upgrade on the locks and motion lights. You could even add a small motion activated camera on the corner of the house that faces the shed side and cover both and then one across the front of the house/street side and cover 4 areas with 2 cameras. Hook it up to you computer with a modem and you can go wireless to a DVD recorder hidden within your house to retrieve later if needed. It only recordes when motion is detected and get the IR model if you have the extra $$$ to do it. Well worth the expense at night when you are asleep or gone.
And yes, may god be on their side for lead will be shortly, all the way around and through!!! That and it is much warmer than sleeping in the garage!!!! LOL!!!!

halfbakedi420 01-24-2012 08:56 AM

you would think a tall cedar fence...but they used mine as concealment.
maybe you need an outside dog?
locks keep honest people honest.
i found a wireless, 6 cam surveillance system fer less than $400..it records to the net when motion sensors are activated. i have mine set up to send a text to me with a pic of the person who sets off the sensor. i can go online, on my phone er pc, and watch all the cams at will. check on the dogs, see if there is mail...ups...whatever