Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic........

Old 01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel. I have been through this a few times also. My thoughts are with you and Connie.
Art
Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I had my chocolate labby 17 years. Had to have her put down two years ago.

Men women or children could not have a better loving friend than a dog. They are always happy to see you even if you just yelled at them a bit ago. They tend to always want to be by your side even when sleeping. They all tend to have their own personallity too.
Isn't a person that can compete for the best friend award and win againest a dog.

Takes a bit of time to get over the missing of a good dog but it does happen after a while. Some times a long while. One I lost was such a a great dog and friend to me when she passed it took two years before I even thought of getting a new one.

I have 3 pound pups left right now. Spoiled rotton with heated water dishes, heated houses, carpeted floors even though they are inside. they have 10x10 pens inside and 10 x up to 20 out side. Today with the wind and cold they are shut inside. We walked thru a herd of deer this morning with out them (deer or dogs) batting an eye.

Still hurts real bad looseing one. May the great spirit look after your pup.

Al
Old 01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feel for you BP. Been there as well. I've had labs all my life...and have 2 now. Hang in there bud.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up-Date, the Vet called this afternoon and said our Lab could have either a Coronal Virus or it could be his Liver is shutting down and they wont know for sure untill tomorrow. If it's just the Virus it hopefully can be cured with the antibodys that there giving him, if it's his liver he'll have to be put down. The vet along with the antibiodicts put him on a I.V. for his dehydration.
On a better note My Dog has found a intrest in a Blonde Lab that is there, he really likes her a-lot. I'll let you all know what I find out tomorrow.
Thank You all for the replys and wishes. And for all of you that have lost a Dog and Best Friend in the past my heart goes out to you also.
(BP)
Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Condolances my friend. I know what you and your family are going through. I hope your buddy comes home again. Hard to believe that a dog's passing, when it comes, can actually make a grown man (or woman) cry.
Three years ago, I lost 2 labs, only 6 months apart. A mother and daughter. Its tough but there is nothing like a new puppy to help you get over it.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Prayers coming your way BP! Hope yoiu hear some good news tomorrow. My wife is a vet tech, and she is always bringing home dogs and cats that people bring in and dont have the money to take care of them, and turn them over to the clinic. Keep us posted BP.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Feel for you as I have been through this many times, both with my own animals and with clients as I am a vet. Sure hope he pulls through. Even with the liver, it is such a remarkable organ that given a little help sometimes it will surprise you and start working again for a while. If he is interested in another dog there, that is a good sign! Good luck.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

B.P. I pray that your buddy will come home and make a full recovery. It is always a sad event to lose a four legged family member. We lost our old dog in 2005 to lung cancer. She was 11 years old and it hurt so bad my wife and I agreed not to get another dog. About 6 months ago we got Jack, a put out, just as our Sassy was and he has been with us ever since. On the third of this month we had our old 17 year old cat put down. It is the saddest thing we have ever had to do. So- I feel your pain. Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Just had to put down my own best girl lab right before Thanksgiving. (almost 12) Still hurtin... Got a 1.5 YO that has a lot to learn to fill those ol paws...

Hope all works out well for you and yours!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up-Date
Connie and I went to get our Dog Sabbath today, about an hour ride to get there and I thought I lived in the Country, nothing but corn fields and more corn fields as far as the eye can see.
The Vet showed us the blood work exam and explained it could be 2 things, a corona virus or his kidneys because of old age. If it's the corona virus it will be cured. My dog looks so much better! he's EATING and happy. I swear he gained back 10 pounds, he looks it anyways.
He ate like a Pig when we got him home, he's on a chicken and rice diet for the weekend then we have to go back again on monday so they can retake some more blood and see if the medications they gave us are working and find out exactly wich one of the things it could be that he has.
All i can say is when he left the other day he was'nt eating anything or drinking, he was vomiting and shaking and looked really thin, now he's a completely different dog. And he even wants his Biscuts, so I gave him a couple even though I was'nt suppos-to.
All I can say is Im completely surprised and happy with the outcome so far. Thank's for all the Wishes! connie, I and my dog really appreciate it!
I'll fill everyone back in on monday afet we find out more.
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.