Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
No Shooting Today!!!  brrrrr >

No Shooting Today!!! brrrrr

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

No Shooting Today!!! brrrrr

Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No Shooting Today!!! brrrrr

-9'F Winter is here. No shooting for this kid today.

HA
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Warm coat.. ear muffs, snow boots... BOOM!!!

Of course, my range is 15 feet from my back door. If I get cold, there is hot coffee and a wood stove just inside the door. And believe me, that is a real advantage. But I love to shoot when it is cold. Ever hear a muzzleloader go off in bitter cold crisp winter air? It shakes the earth.. it's beautiful. And when no wind, that smoke will hang there in front of the bench like a big white cloud. What more could you ask for.

It is only 19 degrees here so its plenty warm to shoot.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HuntAway
-9'F Winter is here. No shooting for this kid today.

HA

Agree. That is darn cold!!!

Its 20 here right now and a beautiful day to shoot for sure...but I'm staying in and watching football instead
Old 01-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like I'm in the middle at 11*. But I'm not shooting. Was up at 7:00 cleaned the snow off the driveway and back porch/steps, went and did a bit of food shopping, took Mom's propane tank to get refilled and hooked her stove back up.
Just going to put on a pot of coffee, sit back and watch the games today.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one way to be able to shoot in sub-zero weather.

Every time the night time temperature the past two winters dropped below zero, i headed out to shoot, and test reliability of breech plug design. Rifles were always left in the truck loaded. Object was to see if they went boom right now, when the trigger was pulled. Feels like i learned a lot, and i couldn't have done it without having some way to comfortably shoot in bitter cold weather.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Here is one way to be able to shoot in sub-zero weather.

Every time the night time temperature the past two winters dropped below zero, i headed out to shoot, and test reliability of breech plug design. Rifles were always left in the truck loaded. Object was to see if they went boom right now, when the trigger was pulled. Feels like i learned a lot, and i couldn't have done it without having some way to comfortably shoot in bitter cold weather.
Nice cold weather set up you have there ron, go you blast the heater while shooting?

Last edited by builder459; 01-15-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

-3 here last night, it's warming up a little now as the suns out. We had our first Major Snow of the season here finally in the last 2 days, I cant believe it's Jan 15th and were just having our first snow.
I brought in some good hard wood for the stove last night, some Hickory and Red Oak, we only heat with wood, our new woodstove kept it around 77degrees in here all night, not bad with it being -3 outside.
(BP)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately what you are doing is highly illegal here in Vermont. Cannot shoot from in or on a motor vehicle here. Fine and loss of license will result if caught. Makes no difference if it is a hunting season or not.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rogo
Unfortunately what you are doing is highly illegal here in Vermont. Cannot shoot from in or on a motor vehicle here. Fine and loss of license will result if caught. Makes no difference if it is a hunting season or not.
It's the same here where I live. I used to like using the tailgate on my truck as a bench when Im on the farm shooting, but even though Im on my own property and just target shooting if they wanted to I could get a ticket for it.
Now if you have a disability and have a special license for it you can shoot from your vehicle.
(BP)

Last edited by Breechplug; 01-15-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Warm coat.. ear muffs, snow boots... BOOM!!!

Of course, my range is 15 feet from my back door. If I get cold, there is hot coffee and a wood stove just inside the door. And believe me, that is a real advantage. But I love to shoot when it is cold. Ever hear a muzzleloader go off in bitter cold crisp winter air? It shakes the earth.. it's beautiful. And when no wind, that smoke will hang there in front of the bench like a big white cloud. What more could you ask for.

It is only 19 degrees here so its plenty warm to shoot.
Two thumbs up! I am sorry I had to leave my land in Northern New York, I would be out there all the time like I was last winter. Around there, almost to Canada, if you don't shoot in the cold and snow, you ain't shootin for 9 months....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.