Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My wife clicked "Buy It Now"! >

My wife clicked "Buy It Now"!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My wife clicked "Buy It Now"!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default My wife clicked "Buy It Now"!

Yes it is true. I had been looking on the web at various ML's. Actually I am always looking at ML's on the web!

Anyway I have had a long standing desire for a really nice MK 85. I have shot my BK 92 for years. I have taken a ton of deer with it (and one stupid ground hog who decided to walk onto the range during a shooting session). I love that rifle. I have upgraded it with metal sights and a metal trigger guard. But you guys know my disease...it just wasn't the MK 85.

I saw a NIB MK 85 Hunter on the web. I discussed it with my wife and she said it was too much money right now. I agreed and went to bed. After work the next day I had an email from tha auction sight congradulating me on winning the auction!

The check has been mailed. The nice guy will send it to me as soon as the check arrives. I am climbing the walls with excitement!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go, loved my MK-85 real nice shooter. Since turned to side lock percussion but loved that MK-85.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's to your Wonderful Wife! Now any time my wife did anything like that there was always something in it for her, get ready....
(BP)
Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, I love my mk 85's. I saw that one on there, the walnut stock is real purdy. My mk 85's shoot both conicals and sabots real well. Just a well balanced no nonsense gun that doesn't seem to be fussy about what you shoot out of it.
Let us know how it shoots for you.
Art
Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dutch those rifles are conical shooting machines, give some a try
Old 01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Dutch, for the new MK-85 and your wonderful wife and blessed life!

Post a pic of the Knight when you get it please.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow... you really are a luck man. A brand new in the box MK85 and a wonderful, thoughtful, wife. You just might as well get a lottery ticket, because this is your lucky day..

Congratulations on the rifle and the wife... enjoy them both.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a bunch on here that like Knight MLers's, I went to the Knight web page and did'nt see any Knight MK-85 Hunters or even a MK-85....what am I missing? I dont know a thing about Knights, zero, zilch.....but Im interested in them. I'd like one that would shoot Sabots well, have at least a 27-28" SS Barrel and a synthetic stock, what should I look for in a Knight?
Also what's the Prices on Knights?
(BP)
Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
I've seen a bunch on here that like Knight MLers's, I went to the Knight web page and did'nt see any Knight MK-85 Hunters or even a MK-85....what am I missing? I dont know a thing about Knights, zero, zilch.....but Im interested in them. I'd like one that would shoot Sabots well, have at least a 27-28" SS Barrel and a synthetic stock, what should I look for in a Knight?
Also what's the Prices on Knights?
(BP)
Breech, the MK isn't sold anymore and the Big horn is it's replacement, which they still list on there site. there plunger style guns.no knight rifle is cheap and the hot ticket rifle seems to be the mountaineer rifle. all there prices are listed on the site, just click on the rifle you want to look at.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Breech, the MK isn't sold anymore and the Big horn is it's replacement, which they still list on there site. there plunger style guns.no knight rifle is cheap and the hot ticket rifle seems to be the mountaineer rifle. all there prices are listed on the site, just click on the rifle you want to look at.
So that explains it, is the Big Horn as good as the old MK? I'll check out the Mountaineer also.
Thank's Builder.
(BP)