HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   first impression of center point scope (adventure class 4-16 x 40) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/356329-first-impression-center-point-scope-adventure-class-4-16-x-40-a.html)

corey012778 01-01-2012 03:37 PM

first impression of center point scope (adventure class 4-16 x 40)

I bought this center point today, $69.99 at wally world. (i know cheap scope)

http://centerpoint.crosman.com/rifle...ure/CPA416AORG

I mounted on my knight DISC original. I have not put many rounds thru it.

the packaging said 3.1in relief which is an misprint. at 4x it is at 3.9" to 4" going to run it up more to see if it changes. measured from my eye to the scope and saw where they stated 3.9" on the site.

the supplied wrong suck. they are an nut. tightening up to the base with an wrench is not my idea of good idea. going to switch them out with an set of weaver rings I have.

i like the mil dot. been thinking about getting an scope with them. good chance to see how they work for me.

the ir annoys me. it is an red/green option. don't see where I would use it. the scope gathered light well. had it out at dusk.

I know I am on an tight budget for a while do to recent good advents in my life. but I want to test there claim about the torture test. they claim it can handle .416 rigby. we'll see

sabotloader 01-01-2012 03:52 PM

corey012778

Corey, I had one Center Point - 3x9x40, my son-in-law gave me. I was going to put it on a 22 but decided to try it on an inline instead.

It did not last the first range trip and Center Point did not help when asked about warranty.

That does not mean that you will have any bad luck with yours - I hope it works for you.

corey012778 01-01-2012 04:07 PM

going to test it out. just hoping I get time after this week to get to the range. my season ends (what little bit I got to do of it) sat. spare time may be rear for a while.

arcticap 01-03-2012 12:13 AM

If you end up not liking it then at least Walmart has a 90 day return policy for most items.

http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

Breechplug 01-03-2012 07:06 AM

Befor I buy anything I always read the reviews on it. Wal-Mart has a site on-line where you can go and join for free to buy and view all it's items. I recently signed up for it as I needed a new Stereo, our local wal-mart does'nt carry them nor does our radio shack and we dont have any places to purchase a stereo receiver around here. I checked out many and read all the reviews, bought one and had it shipped to my wal-mart for free from there site-to-store option.
It's always good to read what others have to say about something befor you buy and end up with a problem that could have been avoided. Im not saying you'll end up with one, Im just saying.....I've never owned a center point scope so I cant say one way or the other about them. Im just saying it's always good to find out all the pros and cons about something befor you buy. I've bought some really nice scopes from Cabela's in the $89-$99 dollar range, Bushnells and Nikons, read all the reviews and after that I purchased and was totally satisfied. I found that if I want something bad enough and dont have enough money to get what I want I wait a little longer untill I have enough money to get it. With all of todays technology and on-line research there's no excuse to not read reviews on a product so when you get it and your not happy or it's not what you expected then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
This is'nt about you or your new scope, it's just some advice that will help you make the best decesions when you go to purchase something.
Best of Luck with your new scope, hope she works out for you and let us know how you like it.
(BP)

builder459 01-03-2012 07:27 AM

I have to agree with Breechplug on this issue.before i purchase anything i research it on the web.take a quick look at the Wal-Mart reviews on that model center point scope,there not good.the last scope i purchased after reviewing it. was a bushnell banner 3-9x40 200 MZ and i paid $89.00 for it shipped to my door. so far the scope has worked flawlessly. good luck with your purchase.

corey012778 01-03-2012 07:40 AM

I read a number of reviews on a optic forum. they where pretty good.

hoping to get it too the range with in 90day return period

Breechplug 01-03-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by builder459 (Post 3897186)
I have to agree with Breechplug on this issue.before i purchase anything i research it on the web.take a quick look at the Wal-Mart reviews on that model center point scope,there not good.the last scope i purchased after reviewing it. was a bushnell banner 3-9x40 200 MZ and i paid $89.00 for it shipped to my door. so far the scope has worked flawlessly. good luck with your purchase.

I bought a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn MLer Scope in Mossy Oak Camo from Cabela's a few years back for $89.00. It's been a great scope, I love it.
(BP)

WV Hunter 01-03-2012 10:47 AM

Good luck with your scope Corey, hope it works out for you.

Over the years I've decided that I just won't buy a cheap scope anymore. Even if they work well enough and hold up, the quality and clarity isn't what I choose to use. These days I typically look at the $150 and up range on scopes, with most I have being in the $250-$400 range. Of course there's always the deal where a good scope is on a blowout sale somewhere. I like to find those too :D

I also think there are diminishing returns on scopes. Once you get past the $400ish price range scopes, I personally don't feel you get alot more for your money. I honestly have no idea how some folks will spend $1500 or more on a scope.

corey012778 01-04-2012 09:01 AM

a little more fillings on the scopes. I like the turret noobs on the scope.

few pics
scope on the gun

the ir (scope is mounted right, it was the guy taking the pictures)

elevation turret

I am planning to upgrade scopes, I am testing the claim on the packaging.