Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Humble pie

Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Humble pie

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The same thing has happened to me 3 different times. One time it was 65 degreese out and it was the middle of november, I was a stander on a deer drive, the wind was howling at 40mph++, I laid in the golden rod field soaking up the sun as it should be about 20 degreese out with snow. All of a sudden a big 150" buck was standing looking at me about 70yds away, I picked up the MLer and pulled back the hammer and fired.....click.....No Primer, the buck ran off.....stupid me!
I wont tell the other two times as there just as bad.
I know how you feel, it's not just you.
(BP)
Old 12-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

When you hear the click and the gun don't kick ya` gotta feel sick (or like a dumbass ).
Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never done it on a deer, but I did do it today for the first time ever (on a target). I've never ever had a misfire in my mk... I knew something wasn't right. Stupid me.

MM, dang.... 60 in one field? Shooo...that is a pile. I'm sure you'll get another crack at em
Old 12-28-2011, 05:04 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dont feel too bad MM. I saw Jim Shockey do the exact same thing. I forget what he was hunting at the time.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I once had a #11 cap fall off a Renegade and I did not notice it until crunch time. But I bet you never forget the primer again.. Some times a little pie is a good thing.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Some times a little pie is a good thing.
Truer words have never been spoken ... I know I've had my share over the years
Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I guess everybody needs a good dose of humble pie once in a while. I went hunting with the wife this afternoon. I planned on getting a doe and dedicating it to MD. I decided to shoot it with a CVA Accura 45 cal. Just for him since he hasn't bashed Knight for a while. ( I know , I know, don't say anything) anyway we found a field with about 60 deer but they were pretty far away. I go around to the other side and try to sneak up on them . I scared most of them off but one big doe was standing staring at me and only about 60 yards away. I figure that's an ethical shot. she stands there perfectly broadside just staring while everything else is fleeing to the hills. I take aim and squeeze the trigger. Click. Nothing try again.Click nothing . Darn I thought. She is Still standing and staring At me. I fish in all my pockets looking for my reloads.I finally found them and I broke the gun open and to my surprise. No primer. talk about dumb. I get a primer in but to late . Oh well, can't win them all. I can't believe I forgot to put a primer in.
That depends on how proficient you are at that distance. But, beings you want to make it an agrument. In the other thread there was more than me with the same comment but, you seemed to take offense to my statement.

So, Evidently you know, you are making those kinda shots or you would not be so bothered about a comment by a stranger on the internet. But, hey good luck tomorrow and may your shot be true!!

Distance does not matter to me as long as it is a practiced distance that you can make a good shot and not send an animal off with a lame leg or gut shot and you not find it.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chet,What did that humble pie taste like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.