HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Christmas Presents (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/355986-christmas-presents.html)

sjsfire 12-26-2011 03:13 AM

Christmas Presents

Let's hear what you got. I didn't have any muzzleloader presents under the tree but I got $100 Cabelas card and $50 cash to use toward some! Lets hear what you got!!

Craftsman band saw
$50 cash
$100 Cabelas card
3 AR15 30 round magazines
AR15 vertical grip
200 rounds .223
Shoot N See targets

And the best one...my son home for 16 days from Ft. Bliss at El Paso TX.

johnnyo 12-26-2011 04:38 AM

No muzzleloaders but, a $100.00 certificate to a local shooting supply store (this where I buy 95% of my shooting supplies), a $50.00 gift card from Bass Pro, a Moultrie M-100 mini cam and 2 trigger locks.

ronlaughlin 12-26-2011 05:38 AM

A couple of months ago wife and i were in Scheels, and i happened to handle an Omega Dream Season. I goes wow, this is a good price!! We talk about it, and She say you should get it. I goes back and look at it again. $350. I came home without it. Couple of weeks later, i looked at it again. She ask why i didn't purchase it. I say i don't need another rifle; it sure is a good price. Christmas morning the Dream Season is in the front closet with a note under the tree telling me to look for a gift in the closet.

Also got a kitchen scale for Christmas, and here is what i learned.

Knight Disc Extreme with scope weighs right at 9#.

Knight Disc Elite with scope weighs 8 3/4 #

Omega X7 with scope and sling weighs 7 2/3#.

The Omega Dream Season, weighs near 6 1/3 # with the factory iron sights. It surprised me that the X7 with factory iron sights weighed a little bit more.

An Accura with sling and iron sights weighs 7 1/3 #.

cayugad 12-26-2011 07:09 AM

My Christmas came last month because of a deal I found. So I got a 2012 GMC Sierra 4x4 extended cab pick up truck with all the options. It has that 5.3 L Vortex 8 cylinder engine which beat a sleigh and reindeer all to heck, 6 speed transmission, climate control, XM radio, every option but the back up camera in the rear view mirror. (which I didn't want anyway. The back up alarm is bad enough). There are a few other things I want and we will see how the after Christmas sales go. But that was enough for the time being.

bronko22000 12-26-2011 08:44 AM

Nice guys, but I like Dave's the best. Dave, didn't you get the heat seeking option which tells you what direction the deer are in? Save you a lot of walking aimlessly thru the woods.
Me and the wife are going shopping to pick our own gift out this weekend.

gman57 12-26-2011 08:58 AM

well no muzzle loader products but new set of cold weather long johns and wife paid for my warm bag I found on the archery talk classifieds(can stay in tree longer now or on stand regardless of temps) She just thinks I'm nuts, and she surprised the hell out of me by getting me an IPad so I can go on my forums if she is on the computer or we are away.

builder459 12-26-2011 09:00 AM

.45 cal Kodiak pro,SS fluted,camo stock.i have wanted a .45 for a long time.

oldsmellhound 12-26-2011 10:17 AM

No muzzy related items this year. I did get a nice set of camo insulated bibs and parka, though. That will come in handy when out hunting in the cold.

quake 12-26-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3894471)
My Christmas came last month because of a deal I found. So I got a 2012 GMC Sierra 4x4 extended cab pick up truck with all the options. It has that 5.3 L Vortex 8 cylinder engine which beat a sleigh and reindeer all to heck, 6 speed transmission, climate control, XM radio, every option but the back up camera in the rear view mirror. (which I didn't want anyway. The back up alarm is bad enough). There are a few other things I want and we will see how the after Christmas sales go. But that was enough for the time being.

Wow Dave, now that's what I'm talking about!!! You must have been really, really good this year hahaha.

I have been talking about getting a new truck for about a year now, but they are just so dang EXPENSIVE that I keep talking myself out of it, haha. My tight wallet wont let me pull the trigger.

I told the family "NO GIFTS" for me this year. My Niece didnt listen and got me a nice book on deer hunting. Probably one of the most thoughtful gifts I have received in a while. She's a good girl.

flounder33 12-26-2011 12:40 PM

This was not a Christmas present but I did find a NIB Super 91 in .451 that needed a good home.