Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LRH Accuracy

Old 12-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Spike

Default LRH Accuracy

I own a KNIGHT Long Range Hunter in a .50 caliber and was wondering what others had tryed and got the best accurcy with. POWDER , BULLET, BULLET WEIGHT ?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

This post will give you a start. It was with an Extreme vs the LRH but it should be close.

The sabots where all Harvester. I tried the Crushed Ribs, Shorts Black Smooth & Long Black Smooth.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...harvester.html

Last edited by Josmund; 12-26-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:03 AM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by W.W.
I own a KNIGHT Long Range Hunter in a .50 caliber and was wondering what others had tryed and got the best accurcy with. POWDER , BULLET, BULLET WEIGHT ?
I do not have the LRH, but with the Moutaineer and my Elites or Extreme, my elk load is 120 grains T7-2f or BH doesn't really matter a .458-300 grain Lehigh, MMP Orange sabot.

For deer I come down to .458-275 grain or .452-250 grain Lehigh and 110 grains of powder with either the HPH-24 sabot or the MMP Orange sabot.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Spike

I appreciate the load info on the LRH . I have had this gun for a while and finally got the extra money to put the scope on it I wanted ( a Nikon Monarch 3-12-42 SF). I was hoping that someone had try'd the 290gr barnes since I already have 2 boxes on the shelf .
Here are a few of the loades a use in my other gun that might help some one .
Knight master hunter .50 110gr of T7 and a 250 barnes TMZ bullet
Knight Elite .45 110gr of blackhorn 209 and a Barnes 195gr bullet
Knight Extreme .45 150gr of T7 pellets and a Barnes 175 bullet
Knight Wolverine .50 90gr of Goex and a 260gr knight bullet
Old 12-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Spike

SABOTLOADER , I see you shoot the lehigh bullet , Have you ever compared it to the barnes bullet in boththe 26inch barrel and in the 27inch barrel . If so how did they compare?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Spike

I appreciate the load info on the LRH . I have had this gun for a while and finally got the extra money to put the scope on it I wanted ( a Nikon Monarch 3-12-42 SF). I was hoping that someone had try'd the 290gr barnes since I already have 2 boxes on the shelf .
Here are a few of the loades a use in my other gun that might help some one .
I have two LRH and both shoot 290 gr barnes great. They shoot best w/ 110gr BH209 powder.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

SABOTLOADER , I see you shoot the lehigh bullet , Have you ever compared it to the barnes bullet in boththe 26inch barrel and in the 27inch barrel . If so how did they compare?
I have an do shoot the Lehigh from both length barrels and I have to tell you only because I know which rifle I am shooting I really see no difference in the different lengths and results. Also I have not had the Mountaineer long enough or shot it enough to get it actoss a chrono. That will happen probably in January, but again I expect very little difference.

I can not offer a comparison with the Barnes because I do not shoot them at all. Tried at one time but could not get away from the Nosler Partition which I much preferred. I can tell you in a comparison between a Lehigh and Nosler - I do prefer the Lehigh, even with the big open HP it flys flatter and is darn accurate. Although I do not think accuracy is a problem with any of the three, Barnes-Nosler, or Lehigh. On the other hand I do believe there is a difference in Terminal performance, in the three, over a larger range of ranges and velocities.

So not much help with the comparison of Barnes-Lehigh

Just a side note.... Lehigh/Bloodline makes a .458-275 grain bullet that I believe is an exceptional bullet for just plain an all-around bullet - elk-black bear-Continental US moose-deer of all species.

Last edited by sabotloader; 12-27-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Spike

Thanks again for the info . The reason I was asking is , I was wanting to set this gun up for my longer shots on deer from a few of our box stands in northern Missouri . The shots will be in the 250 to 275 range and the 300 Lehigh and the 290 Barnes both looked good in ballistics for the longer ranges .
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks again for the info . The reason I was asking is , I was wanting to set this gun up for my longer shots on deer from a few of our box stands in northern Missouri . The shots will be in the 250 to 275 range and the 300 Lehigh and the 290 Barnes both looked good in ballistics for the longer ranges .
I shoot either the 275 or 300 Lehigh to 2-225 yards without thinking about it much... With your extened range I would think that the Barnes might have the higher BC, so for the ranges you are looing at the Barnes may be your best answer in this type of bullet.

There are a bunch of pointy bullets on the market that have an even higher BC but I do not think they have the Terminal Ballistics of Barnes-Nosler-Lehigh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.