Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mmmmmm good!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mmmmmm good!

Just broiled some of my 3x2 mule deer back straps, marinated in pepper garlic for about 30 minutes!!! all i can say is MMMMMMMMM, MMMMM, good!shot the buck back in the middle of November..
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds delicious!!!

I made some whitetail in red wine and onions, last night... it was really good, as well!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mc Cormick, grill masters pepper corn & garlic. great on pork also lol. try it out!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

YUMMY!
Backstraps (Chops) are my most favorite part of the deer, there only eaten by a select few and washed down with a real fine beverage.
(BP)
Old 12-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
YUMMY!
Backstraps (Chops) are my most favorite part of the deer, there only eaten by a select few and washed down with a real fine beverage.
(BP)
Would that beverage be beer? also had a salad with it
Old 12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Would that beverage be beer? also had a salad with it
Sometimes it's beer, but from Canada, the real Beer that they dont sell in the states. There's nothing like real beer from Canada. Im about 45 miles from the Canadian Border and go there for Duty Free Booze, it's a great deal.
Now most of the time when I have this Favorite Beverage from Canada with my Chops it's for Medicinal Pourposes Only, the Crown Royal or Molson XXX is only consumed to aid in the comfort of my 49 year old aching muscles from dragging out the brute, and a little bit of clebration too.
(BP)
Old 12-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes it's beer, but from Canada, the real Beer that they dont sell in the states. There's nothing like real beer from Canada. Im about 45 miles from the Canadian Border and go there for Duty Free Booze, it's a great deal.
Now most of the time when I have this Favorite Beverage from Canada with my Chops it's for Medicinal Pourposes Only, the Crown Royal or Molson XXX is only consumed to aid in the comfort of my 49 year old aching muscles from dragging out the brute, and a little bit of clebration too.
(BP)
Amen!!!My 53 yr old body likes a Corona and Jack, after a tough day in the field lol..i don't drink American beer either!!!! forgot how old i was!

Last edited by builder459; 12-18-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

(BP)
Now we're talking, someone who appreciates real beer! I do prefer red wine with my venison though.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Spike

That's why I love this forum, There are so many people like me out there. The inside tenders are mine....I have said that for years, I feel I did the draggin' and thats the reward. Lately though since its just my Wife and I anymore we make a heck of a meal out of them. And Breechplug check this out since we are practically neighbors premier wines in buffalo sells Crown Royal Cask 16 for around 40 bucks this time of year. That's $170 bottle of whiskey for 40 bucks. After it's all done and I mean ALL done (guns cleaned and put away) there is nothing smoother to warm me old bones. Doug.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Back straps cooked in onion soup in a crock pot, mashed potatoes, kernel corn and hot coffee with a splash of half and half... ( I don't drink alcohol but am addicted to expensive quality coffee). Nothing better in the world.

That sounds like a great meal you had there. I've no venison but I did pick up six nice big black Angus T bone steaks at the grocery store today. Maybe its time to fire the grill up again, with some grilled whole potatoes and sour cream in them...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.