Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The Deer are getting Too Smart >

The Deer are getting Too Smart

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Deer are getting Too Smart

Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

At least he tries. If it was not for auto correct on my phone, beginning of a sentences would not be capped.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your choice to look like a .................Oh wait........I can't call you names............the mod will hear about it.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

I flunked grammer anyway so capping when it is supposed to be, is the least of my worries. Don't really care what other people thinks, never have.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you really didn't care. You wouldn't be on forums.

So, no cigar for you.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
If you really didn't care. You wouldn't be on forums.

So, no cigar for you.
Yep to BS, not care or make friends. With my record, do you really think otherwise?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
Yep to BS, not care or make friends. With my record, do you really think otherwise?
If that's the case. Please stop sending me flowers. It's embarrassing.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
If that's the case. Please stop sending me flowers. It's embarrassing.
I was told there were no stalking laws in CO.

Maybe they meant just on elk.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Muley is a girley-man! Muley is a girley-man!

I believe in non-discrimination and have a real hard time passing on a nice fat doe.
This year we had deer hang around our building site spring, summer, and fall. In particular there have been a doe and her two fawns (now pretty mature). As mad as I got at them when they raised cain with my garden I could not pull the trigger on them this fall. I guess they became almost like part of the family, sometimes going out to the shop in the morning I would walk within 20 yards of them, Once I could almost touch one of the fawns.
So, you can call me a girly man too I guess. There just didn't seem to be any sport in shooting them. We are going without venison this year. To me its no biggie.
Art
Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
I was told there were no stalking laws in CO.

Maybe they meant just on elk.
Strange response to the post you quoted.

Stalking laws? You need to explain?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
Heard on the news today that half of the schools in America didn't meet scholastic standards. So the deer aren't getting smarter, rather people are dumber
LOVE IT!!!! Maybe that explains it!!!!

Here is my opinion

I have hunted many years also, I don't believe deer are smart, nor are they going to get smart, deer are creatures of habit, & these habits are controlled in part to weather, feeding areas, bedding areas, landscape change, & the rut. & last but not least Hunting pressure. All but the last can be an advantage to the hunter. remember, deer don't do much, they eat, sleep, and well you know the other///, Hunting pressure is your enemy, if you want to improve your odds try and hunt where others are not, even if it means across the road, I don't know if I would call it smart or not but deer become very alert when under pressure. if you hunt in areas where there is a high degree of pressure, the hunter has to get smart!! get out early, stay out late, Scents should become your friend. spend time in the woods, get to know their habits.
I do understand we all live in different parts of the country, I hunt some areas where I won't see another hunter (or very few) all season, Most of my hunting today has low to medium pressure area. I don't think deer are getting any smarter, I think sometimes people take the "Hunt" out of "hunting" JMOP Doc

Last edited by DocD; 12-15-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.