Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T/C Triumph blow back ? >

T/C Triumph blow back ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph blow back ?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 AM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

well for the last time, no matter what you think you know, i am not endeavorshooter (but, he might be my brother in law).

but either way, i don't see a disagreement about the triumph being blow back free.

Last edited by Boonechaser; 12-13-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Absolutely not, but they are pretty good.
Maybe you should screw the bp down to the shelf and not back it off. What was that like 70% that backs them back off.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Granted I've only shot one Triumph. But I worked up several loads for it and both the STS and CCI MAG had blowback. By no means was it bad, but it was present. It shot great so I don't know that it really matters.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
definitely no disagreement there. . My triumph is blowback free or at least it seems that way when compared to my NFPJ guns. I havent shot it for 3 years but it is a great shooter and if Knight was smart they would offer a gun along that lines to compete with it.My Prohunter is a great gun also. I like you got a good one. No hinge pin problems and great accuracy, although the Mountaineer makes the trigger on my encore seem pretty bad. If I just shoot the pro hunter i get used to it and dont think about it but if i shoot the mountaineer for a while then it is big time noticeable
Agreed 100% my prohunter is just like yours and my BIL's endeavor as far as being great out of the box. the Mountaineer trigger is a great one for sure but like you, i loved the one on the prohunter until i shot the mountaineer. But, i can still put up a great target, just like endeavor's at 200 yds.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Really???? I would send yours back to TC, must be something wrong with it.

I have never had any blow back with mine and have never heard anyone say otherwise. Including the other 3 posters, before you.
Four out of five of my Triumphs have been sent back to T/C for other reasons. The 5th one i had sabotloader has and i never shot it. They are very good but not blow back free by any means at all. I have never shot a Muzzleloader that is 100% blow back free.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Four out of five of my Triumphs have been sent back to T/C for other reasons. The 5th one i had sabotloader has and i never shot it. They are very good but not blow back free by any means at all. I have never shot a Muzzleloader that is 100% blow back free.

You may be right, but if i am not getting hit in the face with it, it is blow back free to me. I have never had blow back hit me while shooting it from my prohunter or my triumph.

This would also include the Mountaineer however, i am having another issue with it.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
Maybe you should screw the bp down to the shelf and not back it off. What was that like 70% that backs them back off.
The Triumph has a speed breech. The gun wont even close if you back it off a little. Take a look at the plug online and you will learn why it needs to be tight by dessign. Actually a pretty good safety feature as well.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

is it clean enough to shoot real black with out major rust issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.