Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This is not muzzleloading but this is a friend of mine >

This is not muzzleloading but this is a friend of mine

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This is not muzzleloading but this is a friend of mine

Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

That thing is awesome!!! Great Pic and congrats all around... thanks for sharing
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say he surely earned that buck. Whopper!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

That is one beast of an 8pt. and still appears to be at least 160"-170" at his age, for an 8, that is a hell of a buck. What a memory to have for the rest of a young mans life!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

That is one fine buck he took. A few years back I was visiting the Dells up there and there was a golf course that had a driving range that went up to a thick forest. It was around 7 am and the biggest buck I had ever seen came out and stood at the 300 yard marker. I wish I had a camera he had to be over 300 lbs and the guy next to me had a pair of binoculars in his golf bag and said it was a 16 point typical buck (8 each side), I said no way and took a look and I about jumped out of my skin. This was in summer around the end of July. I will never forget that buck but if I ever get one that big it will all be over for me.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations to your friend on a well deserved trophy.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Gotbuck
That is one fine buck he took. A few years back I was visiting the Dells up there and there was a golf course that had a driving range that went up to a thick forest. It was around 7 am and the biggest buck I had ever seen came out and stood at the 300 yard marker. I wish I had a camera he had to be over 300 lbs and the guy next to me had a pair of binoculars in his golf bag and said it was a 16 point typical buck (8 each side), I said no way and took a look and I about jumped out of my skin. This was in summer around the end of July. I will never forget that buck but if I ever get one that big it will all be over for me.
That golf course in the village of Lake Delton along hwy 12 and county A, follows the river to Lake Delton. Along that river and back in the Baraboo bluffs, there are some real monster bucks. Sauk, Columbia, and Adams county have some great hunting if you know where to look.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Awesome, You can tell that is an old mature deer.