Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Mythbusted or not?? your call >

Mythbusted or not?? your call

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mythbusted or not?? your call

Old 12-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Only a couple places I hunt could I take a 200 yard shot.

Good shooting. Either one would drop a deer.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just about all shots where i hunt are 200 yds or better.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
EndeavorShooter

If you are interested you can send that plug to Lehigh and get a modfication of the primer pocket completed or you can send it here and I can do it. And just a FYI all newer Lehigh/Knight breechplug primer pockets have been programmed to be opened to allow use of a wider range of primers.

+ they have added another hardening process to the surface of the plug for the 2012 offering.

Well beings things are going back to normal?

I thought i had read while on vacation that you had posted in a response to a poster..... WHAT BP PROBLEMS??

Well there has to be an issue if they are adding a process and adding cost to being made.

I have left a message at Knight and Lehigh about my issue, yesterday morning at 8am and guess what, still no response. GREAT CS!!!

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 12-13-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

EndeavorShooter
Not hardly, I have 15 other muzzle loaders and my Endeavor will out shoot them all. I used to have some good shooting Knights to but sold them. I like bolt action cartridge guns but have yet to see the point of bolt action muzzle loaders.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Case head pressure kills break open centerfires, and the breechplug in an M/L obviates this.

If a break open is made well to start out with, I cannot see a M/L application killing it.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Palehorse
Case head pressure kills break open centerfires, and the breechplug in an M/L obviates this.

If a break open is made well to start out with, I cannot see a M/L application killing it.
Your absolutely correct and there is no evidence that it does,only speculation from those who favor the bolt action M/L rifles..