Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Mythbusted or not?? your call >

Mythbusted or not?? your call

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mythbusted or not?? your call

Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Spike

Endeavorshooter , First off very nice shooting there . Dont get me wrong ,I do like both style of guns being used . I just remember shooting the old 20 ga Steven singleshot that was so sloppy in the lockup that you had to push up on the forearm when you shot it so it wouldnt openby it self .
As for buy now or later, I see people like Bellm an others making a good living on making after market parts so some people can get there guns to shoot to there standards.
So I believe I will buy now ,Because Out of the 6 bolt action muzzle loaders I own I have not had to buy any thing After market to make them shoot to suit me(Well make that 5 mz . One of the 6 is in bad shape inside the bore ,But it was like that when I got it on a trade deal .
Old 12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by W.W.
Endeavorshooter , First off very nice shooting there . Dont get me wrong ,I do like both style of guns being used . I just remember shooting the old 20 ga Steven singleshot that was so sloppy in the lockup that you had to push up on the forearm when you shot it so it wouldnt openby it self .
As for buy now or later, I see people like Bellm an others making a good living on making after market parts so some people can get there guns to shoot to there standards.
So I believe I will buy now ,Because Out of the 6 bolt action muzzle loaders I own I have not had to buy any thing After market to make them shoot to suit me(Well make that 5 mz . One of the 6 is in bad shape inside the bore ,But it was like that when I got it on a trade deal .
The Enocore/Endeavor is the only break action i know of that someone makes a hinge pin for. why T/C after all this time has not permanently corrected this is beyond me.same applies for the trigger on that rifle.no problems with either on there other rifles.it is a specific rifle problem from the factory and not a break action problem.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Spike

Do you think they do that for the difference in barrel to barrel tolerances in that style of gun going from mz center fire ?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think they do that for the difference in barrel to barrel tolerances in that style of gun going from mz center fire ?
I for the life of me don't know what the problem is, i will tell you it was the reason i bought a triumph and not a endeavor.they have some issues with barrels on them also. some are accurate others are not and people continue to pay outrageous money for them.. maybe that's the reason lol..MD on this forum has well over a 1000 rounds out of some of his ?CVA break actions with no locking problems either and there still tack drivers.i will also say i have never been a fan of rifles with interchangeable barrels either. they all seem to have some type of issues.as little as most people actually shoot there muzzle loaders, the hinge pin lock up will never be a problem and doesn't seem to be for the few that shoot constantly either.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

I had over 3,000 rounds through my original V1 Accura. The Optima i have left now is nearing 2,000 rounds.

Its just a matter of taking the time to learn what the rifle wants and even more time for the shooter to learn the best way for he to shoot that rifle.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

That is some excellent 200 yard shooting. I don't know why, but I am always impressed when I see that kind of distance being done with a muzzleloader. I guess my old ways of 75 yards and under still surface in me. I don't care if those groups were shot with a bolt or an endeavor. That is a dead deer at that distance. Very nice shooting again.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Spike

A friend of mine has a Encore and he tried to change his mz barrel to a 7mag for a elk hunt in Utah,But he could not get it to group at all no matter what shell he tried( All $ 200.00 of them). After he put his mz barrel back on we went to the range and shot it and all was good . Needless to say he said he will not be buying any more barrel and he will be leave it alone.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

ww, sounds like a hinge pin issue to me.

Im not big into centerfire break actions to be honest. I just love them for muzzleloaders as its a charm to clean and they get the job done extremely well.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Typical Buck

A friend of mine has a Encore and he tried to change his mz barrel to a 7mag for a elk hunt in Utah,But he could not get it to group at all no matter what shell he tried( All $ 200.00 of them). After he put his mz barrel back on we went to the range and shot it and all was good . Needless to say he said he will not be buying any more barrel and he will be leave it alone.

I am always saying, I must have got the only good one built, according to other people. I do not have any slop in my hinge pin and my trigger breaks at 3.5 lbs. (The knight has been adjusted to 2lbs.) I have a 243 barrel and it will shoot sub moa out to 300yds. (farthest i can shoot)

I realize that bellm has made a fortune off of other guys but, i have not seen a need for anything they offer as of now. If I had to guess, I have at least 3500 rounds down the pipe.

As you can tell from the groups in the targets it is still a tack driver and has a home with me, forever.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Can someone tell me what a sloppy hinge pin is like? I bought a TC Encore Prohunter last year and it takes some effort to get the pin in and out. Seems to be as tight as realistically possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.