Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
wanting to hunt ML in colorado >

wanting to hunt ML in colorado

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

wanting to hunt ML in colorado

Old 12-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Spike

Default wanting to hunt ML in colorado

i m wanting to blackpowder hunt co this nxt season and im totally new to it.. i have a tc omega and have heard that sabots arent legal. i guess what im wonderin is what kind of bullets would be recommended in place of sabots. thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by swmobrdhunter
i m wanting to blackpowder hunt co this nxt season and im totally new to it.. i have a tc omega and have heard that sabots arent legal. i guess what im wonderin is what kind of bullets would be recommended in place of sabots. thanks
See what will shoot out of your weapon well. Power Belts and Maxi-hunters I have used both with good results.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Post your question in the black powder forum. Your choices are limited, but the Thor bullet is a good one.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
JW
Super Moderator

good idea Muley and I will help!

this is being moved to the Black Powder forum

JW
Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

any full bore conical is legal.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

Powerbelts, Thor bullets, hornady FPB will be your best bet.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

THE HORNADY FPB DOES WELL IN MOST TC INLINES and it is reasonably priced. Try it with 80 and 90 grains some even like 100 grains Pyrodex and Blackhorn with a reloading 209. I have had the best accuracy with the 350 grain and it is best if you are going after any thing bigger than deer. There are some people that like the 300 grain and even some shooting the Thor which after you go through the finding the right size and paying all the extra will actually do a decent job. Some of us have had problems with the Power Belts some have come apart with out decent penetration and some do not drop the plastic sleeve and become in accurate. How ever some claim good results ro I just have had a bad time with them.