Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Optima Pistol

Old 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default CVA Optima Pistol

Hurray my new toy has arrived! No pictures yet. I'm waiting for the scope to show up and then I'll post. So far I love the pistol. Has a nice handle/weight to it. Whats your guys opinion for bullet choices? Right now I have the .452 300g XTP Mag for my rifle. But I was thinking for the pistol to drop down to the .430 240g XTP. Seems to me that it would be flatter shooting and still be able to take an antelope up to an elk. But again whats your opinions? Open to ideas. Half the fun is figuring out a load.

Also for those CVA experts. The manual says to not go over 100 grains of loose powder. Now for BH209 is that lower or can I load 100 grains of BH209. And yes the BH209 plug is on its way to my house.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well mine is not a CVA but it shoots the 200gr 50/40 Shock Wave really good.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

Yes you can shoot 100gr BH209 in it but beware! Its a hand cannon! Check this out,
http://dougsmessageboards.proboards....ay&thread=9596