Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC bone collector bullet/powder >

TC bone collector bullet/powder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC bone collector bullet/powder

Old 12-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Spike

Default TC bone collector bullet/powder

this is my first year that I will try muzzleloading for whitetails, season opens in a couple weeks can someone tell me exactly what I need to buy to shoot this thing. I really need to get the stuff bought and head to the rang asap to sight in my nikon monach on my new bone collector.

please give me names, gr. eactly what ill need to take it to the range

thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Normally the best load over a wide range of Triumph rifles.
Win. 209 primer others can be substituted if necessary.
Shock Wave bullets 250 gr for deer[ I prefer the bonded ones for hunting and the regular yellow tips for practice.
The sabots that come with the Shock Waves will usually work but some guns have tight bores and need to be polished with JB.
Try the sabots that come with the Shock Waves then next summer try some Short Black Harvesters and some Crush Ribs and see which gives the best accuracy in your gun.
Any of the powders will work but the best results normally comes with Blackhorn, if that is not available try Pyrodex RS 110 to 120 grains is usually the best.

Last edited by lemoyne; 12-04-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes .250 gr TEZ with supplied sabot,.250 gr sst with a crushed rib sabot,100-110 gr BH209,777 or pyrodex.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Spike

thanks guys, i know someone told me win primers anyone have other reccomendations?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Normally the best load over a wide range of Triumph rifles.
Win. 209 primer others can be substituted if necessary.
Shock Wave bullets 250 gr for deer[ I prefer the bonded ones for hunting and the regular yellow tips for practice.
The sabots that come with the Shock Waves will usually work but some guns have tight bores and need to be polished with JB.
Try the sabots that come with the Shock Waves then next summer try some Short Black Harvesters and some Crush Ribs and see which gives the best accuracy in your gun.
Any of the powders will work but the best results normally comes with Blackhorn, if that is not available try Pyrodex RS 110 to 120 grains is usually the best.
I couldnt have said that any better. Thats what I shoot in my bone collector. 2 -triple 777 pellets Shockwave 250gr yellow tip for practice and bonded blue tip shockwave for deer hunting. next year I am going to try loose powder.