Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
an shock from another forum >

an shock from another forum

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

an shock from another forum

Old 12-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
read a little more on that thread, he is going to keep it.

I have no problem with cva's. I have win apex aka cva kodiak, and love it. was going to just buy the thing, may have just put a few rounds down range. stripped the paint and sold it just to get my money back.
Seems like a-lot of work just to get your Money Back, but if your Bored and like playing around then I can understand. I also have 2 Kodiaks, a regular Blued Barrel with a Mossy Oak Camo Stock (Never seen another) and a Kodiak Pro with with a SS Fluted Barrel, both shoot great, but I dont like that the Trigger Mech stays attached to the Barrel and you cant remove them when you clean, other than that there fine.
If you want to Buy a Muzzy, wait untill after the Season ends, there will be some good Deals out there and even on some New Models.
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you remove the three hex screws on the side of trigger mech and with flat head screw driver, gentle shimmy at the hammer area and down by trigger. you can open it and take the mech off. I had to do it recently. planning on being part of my detail cleaning, which i do every 6months.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Boy Corey, you must really hate the color blue to want to go through that hassle for nothing.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

My dad got a .45 Kodiak camo/ss a while back. I brought it home one day to try some BH in it. The trigger was INSANE! I shot a 3" group at 50y and doubt I could do better with that trigger. Anyone else have that problem?

rw
Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
My dad got a .45 Kodiak camo/ss a while back. I brought it home one day to try some BH in it. The trigger was INSANE! I shot a 3" group at 50y and doubt I could do better with that trigger. Anyone else have that problem?

rw
http://frontiermuzzleloadin.powergui...ger-adjustment
Old 12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not an big fan of none hunting color stocks. black, wood, or even camo stocks are good. but the blue is awful, to each his own

if you brave enough you can take the trigger mech apart.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
if you remove the three hex screws on the side of trigger mech and with flat head screw driver, gentle shimmy at the hammer area and down by trigger. you can open it and take the mech off. I had to do it recently. planning on being part of my detail cleaning, which i do every 6months.
I talked to Mark at CVA once about the Kodiak, and He told Me to Never Ever take off the Trigger Mech for Cleaning, and to Absolutely Never try to Dissassemble the Trigger Mech or I'd be sending it back to CVA for Repairs. It was Not ment to be Removed from the Barrel.
(BP)
Old 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

rw
I dont have a 50cal Kodiak, but 2 50cals, both I used 150grs in as back then I was on the More Powder is More Power thing. Even then with 150grs I have No problem getting a 1" group at 50yds with them.
You have to try Different Powder Amounts and Different Bulets, along with Different Primers to Find the Sweet Load that ML Likes, no 2 MLers are the same, it's up to You to find what She Likes.
(BP)
Old 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

it was an last resort for me, i don't see why you could not do it. there are only an total of maybe 9 part in the mech. 4 pins, 1 trigger spring, trigger, hammer, hammer spring, and trigger guard/lever. the 3 hex head screws is all that holds it together. as long as you are careful when putting back together, everything is aligned. take your time while taking it apart and back together.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

rw
I have an win apex 45cal which is the same thing as the kodiak. I trigger fills great. I have shot very little bh209 in it. the blow back factor. i may need an new breech plug. try some spraying some oil up into the sear should be able to see it with an good flash light. maybe md's graphite treatment would work too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.