Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Looking for a decent muzzy. >

Looking for a decent muzzy.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Looking for a decent muzzy.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Link to the ads

Last edited by Palehorse; 12-01-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look at the Omega Z5 at Walmart and the Impact and before you buy a wolf if that's what you decide on check the trigger some are OK some are awful.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
It seems to me that you should consider a rifle like this wood stocked Omega, which is a rifle you will not need to upgrade from, down the road. For the money, you may not be able to find a better rifle. Check the quantities there; they are selling.

Just pulled the trigger on this gun. Great deal on an Omega with stainless steel barrel. Been looking for an Omega over the past couple months, and this seemed like a very good deal. I have never ordered from this company. I hope it works out smoothly. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Spike

It seems to me that you should consider a rifle like this wood stocked Omega, which is a rifle you will not need to upgrade from, down the road. For the money, you may not be able to find a better rifle. Check the quantities there; they are selling.
+1. That Omega is an excellent rifle and the overall quality will be heads and shoulders above that of the CVA Wolf. With the latter it seems that the quality is inconsistent. There are satisfied buyers out there, but I also personnally know one folk who nicknamed his Wolf "POS". That gun could not hit the broad side of a barn, from the inside! It was that bad! It would not group at all.

One more advantage to the Omega: it can handle any BP substitute without any mods or aftermarket parts.

Last edited by pacobillie; 12-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

UPS dropped mine off tonight! Great gun!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pacobillie
+1. That Omega is an excellent rifle and the overall quality will be heads and shoulders above that of the CVA Wolf. With the latter it seems that the quality is inconsistent. There are satisfied buyers out there, but I also personnally know one folk who nicknamed his Wolf "POS". That gun could not hit the broad side of a barn, from the inside! It was that bad! It would not group at all.

One more advantage to the Omega: it can handle any BP substitute without any mods or aftermarket parts.
Heres my POS Wolf working its magic @ 100 yards with a $50 scope.

Sometimes.... Its just the shooter
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang it MD! Stop defending the Wolf! I could never get mine to shoot like that! This is about the best I have been able to get mine to do!

Must be the shooter.

Last edited by pluckit; 12-02-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Banned

Pluckit, that was my second target after i got smart and let it cool down a few minutes between shots. This was the first 3 shots with the new 250 powerbelt aerolite when i first got them.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we should sell them.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

As poorly as those Wolfs perform, send them to me, and I will have EOD dispose of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.