Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Season starts today, rain rain go away... >

Season starts today, rain rain go away...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Season starts today, rain rain go away...

Old 11-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Season starts today, rain rain go away...

Ohio season starts in a couple hours. I'll be out there by lunchtime. Unfortunately, today and tomorrow look like a monsoon on the weather forecast and temps in the 50's and 60's. Worst possible weather for muzzy hunting IMO. Wed is the the last day I will be hunting and it looks a little bit better that day. Wish me luck!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck on your deer hunt. Get a huge Ohio buck.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with your hunt.

I know as hunters we like certain weather in our area. I have to smile because I complain of rain around here. Yet the importance of rain and snow to the area water table can not be underestimated. Think of places in Texas and Oklahoma that have lakes that disappeared, crop land that is blowing away. Think what they would say to see rain clouds move over their area?

So while a rain storm might ruin our hunting, it does make for some advantages in mother nature's entire scheme of things. Just some words of thought, as your sitting there in the woods, rain dripping down your neck, cold wet and miserable, and thinking... what am I doing out here?

Here is a picture I captured at my father's house, out his living room window over looking the lake. I visited him over the holidays. Maybe it will bring you a smile.

Good luck hunting and be safe out there.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, turns out I missed my flight going back home to hunt, so I won't be out there til tomorrow now. Still supposed to be rainy on Tues, but snow showers Wed so I'll try and not complain. My buddy is out there in the downpour this am and just texted me that he got a small buck, so I guess it is possible in the rain. He used 80 grains T7 and a 240 XTP, boom flop, though he didn't tell me the range.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck and Hope the Rain and Warm Weather Go Away!
I know what it's like, I just got Home a little bit ago, Hunted all Morning in the Rain and 60 Degreese. Were looking at the same Cold Weather that you are for Wednsday, but it's gonna be Short Lived and back to the same ol, same ol............
Old 11-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Your not missing much. I am here in a blind in Ashtabula county and it it miserable. Have only seen one buck and it was moving like it had robbed a bank. No deer movement at all. I can hear shots in the north and west. But it is those Bang...Bang.....Bang. Which tells you and I one thing...lol

Going to stay in a blind all day.

All my friends who are hunting Trumbull county and Conneaut are saying the same thing. Nothing.

We also had at least a half inch or more of rain this morning. An the ground is soft to walk on.

Also, I did see an Amish man driving the bottom brush in our deep valley, but to no avail. I could have saved him the trouble but......he was across property lines and I let him suffer anyways...lol

D
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Doug100g

We also had at least a half inch or more of rain this morning. An the ground is soft to walk on.

Also, I did see an Amish man driving the bottom brush in our deep valley, but to no avail. I could have saved him the trouble but......he was across property lines and I let him suffer anyways...lol

D
Ha, that's pretty funny. Those dam Amish are pretty stubborn, I'll give em that. Hopefully it gets better by Wed.