Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Mountaineer Breechplug >

Mountaineer Breechplug

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mountaineer Breechplug

Old 11-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Don't have to be a member to read the threads. But, glad you are the forum detective.
Your Busted EndeavorShooter
Old 11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by riversmokepole
At least dont post on other forums about your Knight and then come over here again after you were banned with a differant name
Knight must really doing bad, if they have only sold one rifle. Get a life!!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You meant to write, " You're busted Endeavorshooter."

Sorry, i tried, but i couldn't keep from typing.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
You meant to write, " You're busted Endeavorshooter."

Sorry, i tried, but i couldn't keep from typing.
exactly what I meant
Old 11-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

well I don't know (or care) who is or isn't endeavorshooter, but when I had my problem with my breechplug I was using pink tape. The pink tape worked great in my knight disc, but it seems to be too thick for the mountaineer. I tried grease after I got it back from knight, but I can't take the mess.

FYI I just tried white tape and it works great!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by josh...just josh
well I don't know (or care) who is or isn't endeavorshooter, but when I had my problem with my breechplug I was using pink tape. The pink tape worked great in my knight disc, but it seems to be too thick for the mountaineer. I tried grease after I got it back from knight, but I can't take the mess.

Not that it matters... but I agree with you - i tried pink at first in my mountaineer and decided it was to thick - so moved down to white and have no problem at all with the plug going in smoothly.

In my older Knights 4 of them I use pink and two other use white, so it is never a guarantee which tape you might use until you try them.

One good point might be always start with white (thinnest) and see how it works...
Old 11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by josh...just josh

I started out with pink tape as well. Maybe I should try the white to.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Why don't you report what you think to the mods. I have reported your harassment. Lets see who wins?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Josh, I seen you say you was going to sell it anyway because it was not for you. What else did you not like and what did you like? I find the bare primer to be a pain to install with a scope installed and wish I had went with the disc model.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Josh, I seen you say you was going to sell it anyway because it was not for you. What else did you not like and what did you like? I find the bare primer to be a pain to install with a scope installed and wish I had went with the disc model.
I don't really find priming it to be that big of deal honestly,I can see where it would be a problem if you were trying to reload fast, but it hasn't been a problem for me.
I don't like how hard it is too clean for one. The breech area stays relativity clean, but the lip on the bolt for the primer is a pain, and I have always found Knight breech plug threads to be somewhat hard to clean (since they are so far in).
My biggest problem with it honestly is that is a bit heavy and long for the kind of hunting that I do. It is a perfect rifle for long range stuff, but southern Iowa is all hills, brush, and trees (not all of Iowa is flat and boring!).
I do really like it though, it is a very well made and accurate rifle. I am torn about whether I should keep it or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.