Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva electra

Old 11-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
just install a rechargeable battery and velcro a solar panel onto the forearm.
Sounds like a Project for you to try MD, them Electra's are going Cheap.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

naaaw im done collecting muzzys at the moment. May go do some trading tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
naaaw im done collecting muzzys at the moment. May go do some trading tomorrow.
Im done for awhile buying MLers, I have My 3 ACCURA's (V1's) one's actually My Wife Connies but it's still Brand New in the Box. Plus I have My Dixie Gun Works Poor Boy 50cal and Connies CVA Kodiak.
The only ML I use is My ACCURA Camo/SS I do have another SS/BK that I have only shot a couple of time and boxed back up too so I guess I still have 2 New ACCURAS.
For Me My ACCURA is all that I need and after all we've been through and being it is so accurate and has never let Me down it'll be the one I continue to use untill it Disinigrates
Old 11-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Banned

Im really getting the traditional itch again. Local shop has a 54cal lyman trade rifle and that will shoot the 300gr REAL pretty good from what i can find. I just want one good solid sidelock and of course, i will keep the open sight optima as well as the wolf.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:51 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-27-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Already had the GPR and i would just like a lighter weight scaled down version sidelock. The GPR-GPH are just added weight that i dont want to carry around in rough country next year LOL.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Spike

Glad you guys like the electra - Thats what matters most - Every time I hear about this gun I can see myself pushing the starter button on my grill 3-4-5 or more times trying to get it to light - Im just saying -
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

The local gun shop and target range was selling Electra Rifles a long time ago. In fact I saw my first Electra there. The owner was saying that for the target club, many were shooting the Electra and making a lot of other rifles look pretty foolish accuracy wise. I pulled the trigger on one, and I could see the advantage of the trigger. Plus the high quality barrels they have are just that.. high quality. I seriously considered getting the Stainless model from Sportsman's Guide but talked myself out of it. Although I am guessing that the rifle would be a good shooting rifle.

Although why I have no idea, but that electronic ignition still worries me. I have a lot of .. What if's.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Can you tell me how you load that thing and not worry about it going off while loading if the battery is the arc for the spark or do you attach the battery after you load. They look neat and you do not need to fumble with primers and the expense. The battery thing and loading has always scared me from this gun.
That is one heck of a group by the way.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Spike

Lightbulb

I just bought an Electra also. Definitely can't beat the price. On backorder though.

Have to do some homework now. Looking for a good scope for it.

Any recommendations on a good muzzleloader scope would be great.

I'll do the footwork and yes, I know how to do a search. LOL!

A header pointing in the right direction would be helpful though.

Thanks!

-NSTRUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.