Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva electra

Old 11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Spike

Default cva electra

Let me introduce myself, i am an avid deer hunter that shoots an old sidekick muzzleloader, wolf online for the wife and just bought a new stainless electra from sportsman guide for 200 dollars. I was always sceptical of the whole battery operated ignition but couldn't pass on the price. I contacted cva to find out about parts and they said they make parts for seven years after it was discontinued. Im hooked on it and with a lithium battery i wont have problems during winter plus i think i will ask cva how much a spare circuit board would cost me just so i have one in case something happens to it after the stop making parts. 100 grains of rs powder and 250 grain tv shockwaves are giving me 1.5 inch groups and I've yet to play with different powder charges.

John
Old 11-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been tempted to purchase the exact same rifle. But it is not legal in our Muzzle-loader season. So it would be a target range toy for me. Not that I object to that. But I really don't need another rifle. I know one person that has one and he says it is an excellent shooter. Good luck with your rifle.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Spike

Well thankfully they never did the same in kansas. I like it enough im going to use it through rifle season.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is two in Sportsman's Guide, one for $209 { camo} and one for $179.97 [marbled].
Old 11-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Spike

On friday morning they had the blued with black stock for 149.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

I am not an inline man but my main concern has always been that with the electronic ignition it would be kind of like loading a conventional muzzle loader after it has been primed. I always prime after I load.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr.Flintlock
I am not an inline man but my main concern has always been that with the electronic ignition it would be kind of like loading a conventional muzzle loader after it has been primed. I always prime after I load.

+1

I think that is why they are illegal in some states, mine included. Iowa lets about everything muzzle loading slide, except for the electra.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not legal in Colorado.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

They ARE Legal here, but I dont like the part about it being Electronic and with a Battery, both can Fail at any time.
Here We can carry a Muzzleloader in a Motor Vehicle Loaded as long as there's NO CAP or PRIMER in it, the Primer Powder is removed from the Pan or the Battery is Not In an Electric ML.
The other part I worry about with the Battery is as you use it the Battery gets Weaker and the Weaker the Battery the Weaker the Charge it sets off to Ignite the Powder, it's Never a Constant Even Ignition and that has to have a effect on Accuracy. I know that if I just change Primers My Accuracy will be affected, so with a New Battery your shots will be pretty constant, but as the Battery Weakens so will your Accuracy and your Point of Impact.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

just install a rechargeable battery and velcro a solar panel onto the forearm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.