HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   tc buckstalker vs knight revolution 2 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/354319-tc-buckstalker-vs-knight-revolution-2-a.html)

de109 11-25-2011 09:03 AM

tc buckstalker vs knight revolution 2

I set out this morning to buy a buckstalker from cabelas for $180 and it was a mad house so I ended up at bass pro and picked up a knight revolution 2 for $209, as from what I had read knight made a higher quality product.

Now however I've gotten home and began looking at reviews and articles and it seems the revolution 2 is quite older and has had a number of problems itself. I've also read several people comment they wish they had gotten the stainless barrel, as I got the blued barrel as well. I suppose the other negative points I've read about the rev 2 is the recall on the trigger mechanisms and that it is more difficult to clean and keep clean, where that is being touted as a selling point for the buckstalker.

This is my first muzzleloader so I'm looking for some desperate guidance from you muzzleloading vets. I can easily return it and would prefer to get the better of the 2 before the season opens on the 17.

Thanks for any input

donjose 11-25-2011 09:50 AM

My understanding the revolution was a gun that was not a part of the new Knight company as far as what licenses they bought from the old company !!!!

lemoyne 11-25-2011 10:38 AM

Since when did TC make a Buck Stalker? I thought that was made by one of those low price foreign companies.

DocD 11-25-2011 12:21 PM

I think you received the better gun, I have a Knight Revolution (the first model) and it has performed very well, I did have an ignition problem that Knight fixed & also was involved in a recall that Knight took care of. Yes it is a little harder to clean but it breaks down nice so that is not a problem. I am not sure how old mine is ( I bought it the first year) I did get the stainless, not sure if that would be a deal breaker or not, at your price, I don't think so. I have taken several deer with it, the longest about 80 yards, infact I will be using it tomorrow for the Mn opening. I think you got a lot of gun for the money. jmop msn

de109 11-25-2011 02:36 PM

Thanks for the input. I meant traditions not tc, I had it in my head it was a tc, big difference.

So you guys think as a first timer I'm good with the rev 2 over the buckstalker? They also had another knight, forget the name but it looked exactly like the rev 2 except a stainless barrelinstead of the blued and only $50 more. I kind of went in there blind without researching enough as I should have.

cayugad 11-25-2011 03:02 PM

The Knight Revolution from all I have READ is a fine rifle. I don't see you having problems with it. At least I hope you don't. Is it better then the buckstalker.. IMO it is. I think you have a good rifle and will find it provides many years of service.

mountaineer magic 11-25-2011 04:51 PM

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

stretch56 11-26-2011 03:44 AM

I also have a Knight Revolution the first model. I really like mine its has the black stock & blued barrel. I also had the ignition problem with mine when i first got it Knight was real good about fixing it. They sent U.P.S. to my house to pick it up & I had it back in less than 2 weeks.