HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   awful start to my season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/354038-awful-start-my-season.html)

corey012778 11-20-2011 08:34 PM

awful start to my season

do to some one being let go from work just before the season started. I did not know if I would be able to hunt or not. well I have been out. jumped one deer, did an late morning hunt a saturday, the gun i had with me would not fire. lucky I found the problem before setting up and having an deer come up on me. last day of early m/l I was worried I got water down my barrel from hunting in the rain the day before, shot the load off. worked fine.

if history follows the pattern I have had (equipment fallers) , I should be getting something this year. hoping to end my 4 yr dry spell lol

Muley Hunter 11-20-2011 08:40 PM

You should use something on the muzzle to prevent rain/snow from going down it.

I use saran wrap and a rubber band. You can shoot through it.

corey012778 11-20-2011 08:44 PM

had that set up on guns, still got in both guns.

forgot to say it was two guns having problems.

Breechplug 11-21-2011 01:35 AM

I clean the end of the Muzzle and put a piece of Masking Tape over the end of the Barrel, it has Never Came off and provides a 100% waterproof seal.

VAhuntr 11-21-2011 03:44 AM

I use blue painters tape or black electrical tape over the muzzle of my muzzleloaders.

corey012778 11-21-2011 06:13 AM

going to use an little plastic baggie, that can be found in the beading section of wally world.

rubber banded it to the gun, they are about 4in long and zip lock ends.

idahoron 11-21-2011 03:47 PM

+1 on the black electrical tape. If you look at the picture of Jacobs deer you can see the left over pieces of the tape on the end of the barrel. Ron

Breechplug 11-21-2011 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone has'nt tried the Masking Tape your really missing out. Just cut a piece of it about the size of a quarter, mabey a tad larger, stick it over a clean muzzle and your done, simple and easy. It stays on and Rain and Snow does'nt hurt it.
Finger Cots are too big and they Tear on the Front Sight, if you dont go over the Front Site with them, they wont stay on. And why use a Rubber Band and whatever as the ribber band does'nt make a good seal, the Masking Tape Does and it holds Better than Electrical Tape too.

HEAD0001 11-21-2011 05:36 PM

That condensation can be a real problem. Tom.

Semisane 11-21-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Breechplug (Post 3879625)
If anyone has'nt tried the Masking Tape your really missing out. Just cut a piece of it about the size of a quarter, mabey a tad larger, stick it over a clean muzzle and your done, simple and easy. It stays on and Rain and Snow does'nt hurt it.
Finger Cots are too big and they Tear on the Front Sight, if you dont go over the Front Site with them, they wont stay on. And why use a Rubber Band and whatever as the ribber band does'nt make a good seal, the Masking Tape Does and it holds Better than Electrical Tape too.

+1 I like the blue painter's tape best.