Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
awful start to my season >

awful start to my season

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

awful start to my season

Old 11-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default awful start to my season

do to some one being let go from work just before the season started. I did not know if I would be able to hunt or not. well I have been out. jumped one deer, did an late morning hunt a saturday, the gun i had with me would not fire. lucky I found the problem before setting up and having an deer come up on me. last day of early m/l I was worried I got water down my barrel from hunting in the rain the day before, shot the load off. worked fine.

if history follows the pattern I have had (equipment fallers) , I should be getting something this year. hoping to end my 4 yr dry spell lol
Old 11-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should use something on the muzzle to prevent rain/snow from going down it.

I use saran wrap and a rubber band. You can shoot through it.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

had that set up on guns, still got in both guns.

forgot to say it was two guns having problems.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I clean the end of the Muzzle and put a piece of Masking Tape over the end of the Barrel, it has Never Came off and provides a 100% waterproof seal.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use blue painters tape or black electrical tape over the muzzle of my muzzleloaders.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

going to use an little plastic baggie, that can be found in the beading section of wally world.

rubber banded it to the gun, they are about 4in long and zip lock ends.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

+1 on the black electrical tape. If you look at the picture of Jacobs deer you can see the left over pieces of the tape on the end of the barrel. Ron
Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

If anyone has'nt tried the Masking Tape your really missing out. Just cut a piece of it about the size of a quarter, mabey a tad larger, stick it over a clean muzzle and your done, simple and easy. It stays on and Rain and Snow does'nt hurt it.
Finger Cots are too big and they Tear on the Front Sight, if you dont go over the Front Site with them, they wont stay on. And why use a Rubber Band and whatever as the ribber band does'nt make a good seal, the Masking Tape Does and it holds Better than Electrical Tape too.
Attached Thumbnails awful start to my season-dsc00550.jpg  
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

That condensation can be a real problem. Tom.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Breechplug
If anyone has'nt tried the Masking Tape your really missing out. Just cut a piece of it about the size of a quarter, mabey a tad larger, stick it over a clean muzzle and your done, simple and easy. It stays on and Rain and Snow does'nt hurt it.
Finger Cots are too big and they Tear on the Front Sight, if you dont go over the Front Site with them, they wont stay on. And why use a Rubber Band and whatever as the ribber band does'nt make a good seal, the Masking Tape Does and it holds Better than Electrical Tape too.
+1 I like the blue painter's tape best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.