Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bh 209?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
As i said, i have NEVER had a problem and untill i do, that is a true and correct statement. I didn't say it would never happen but, from what i have seen with this powder, it will not.
What's not a true and a correct statement is you saying it will be fine. Based on......... it hasn't happen yet, so it must be a fact.

Bad logic.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
What's not a true and a correct statement is you saying it will be fine. Based on......... it hasn't happen yet, so it must be a fact.

Bad logic.
So you must be one of this boards gods, beings if you say it, it must be a fact. show me one case where it has happened to anyone using BH209 and i will agree. untill then you are using out dated logic that adhears to black powder and subs of the sort, not a sub that is just a reengineered smokeless powder.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a God. Just honest.

Saying what your experience is in doing it, is fine. Saying he'll never have a problem if he does as you do is wrong. Unless you're a God.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Not a God. Just honest.

Saying what your experience is in doing it, is fine. Saying he'll never have a problem if he does as you do is wrong. Unless you're a God.
Now i see you are not a god but, rather just like to agrue and think you know it all. I never said he will never have a problem, i stated i have never had a problem but, i am willing to bet if it was loaded on a clean barrel, he will not.

Oh i am done with your immature attitude, go press your thoughts and beliefs on someone else.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zakjak711
This is the first year I've used BH 209.
We have a split season and I didn't shoot yet my TC Omega yet with 110 gr's Bh 209.
Our next season starts Dec. 1,2,3,4.
Will it hurt to leave it loaded--as far as corrosion goes will it hurt?
My barrel is S/S.

Thanks guys,
Jake
Last year I loaded one of mine w/BH the first day of the season. Shot several times and finally cleaned it the last day of the season over a month and a half later. Would I do that with subs? Absolutely not! But I have done this several times w/BH and have not had a problem.

As long as you keep it dry you should be fine. If you're worried about it, then clean it. No need to stress about it. If you don't shoot it, then there should be very little to worry about in my opinion.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like alot of you guys are talking about the corrosin characteristics of the powder as a reason to clean and reload.

Actually my main reason to load a cold bore barrel every day is because of moisture. Especially if you bring your rifle inside and out. Or if it is snowing or raining. Our MZ seasons are usually pretty wet here in WV. And condensation is what concerns me the most about leaving a rifle loaded over night or longer.

I know for sure that if I left it loaded I would leave my rifle in the back of my truck. And would not allow it to be subjected to any heat or additional moisture. Just an opinion. Tom.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
I never said he will never have a problem.
Your quote:

If it was loaded on a CLEAN barrel, it will be fine.

No, I hate to argue, but I don't like to see bad advice given either. When I see it. I speak up. Obviously, your thin skin can't handle that.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001

Actually my main reason to load a cold bore barrel every day is because of moisture. Especially if you bring your rifle inside and out. Or if it is snowing or raining. Our MZ seasons are usually pretty wet here in WV. And condensation is what concerns me the most about leaving a rifle loaded over night or longer.

I know for sure that if I left it loaded I would leave my rifle in the back of my truck. And would not allow it to be subjected to any heat or additional moisture. Just an opinion. Tom.
That's the key! Regardless of the powder I use, after it's been outside, it doesn't come back inside until I clean it. It stays at outside air tempt the entire time.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Not a God. Just honest.

obviously you cant read. again i did not tell him, he will never have a problem. even you qouting me, it doesn't say that, does it?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Your quote:

If it was loaded on a CLEAN barrel, it will be fine.

No, I hate to argue, but I don't like to see bad advice given either. When I see it. I speak up. Obviously, your thin skin can't handle that.
where does it state, he will never have a problem?

as i said though i bet it won't, if it was loaded on a clean barrel.

Wow, just joined and already need the ignore button

Last edited by Boonechaser; 11-21-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.