Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New inline ??

Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The master of deflection strikes again.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Sounds like you just have bad luck with things wearing out LOL. Guns, vent liners. I don't even want to ask about your vehicles! LOL.
I had no idea, my life was fraught with bad luck.

Tires, clutches, batteries, and such things wear out on my truck. Is that unusual?

Jeans, shoes, socks, and gloves i wear, do wear. Is that unusual?

Breech plugs in my rifles suffer flash hole erosion. Is that unusual?

The jargon of texting, and such things is not familiar to me. Does LOL mean laugh of loser?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Hey don't feel bad, my bad luck is with electronics. I've gone through 6 cdroms in 3 years with this computer. 3 power supplies and blew up 2 computers prior to this system now. Luck is not with me in the computer department LOL.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

My socks never wear out, and my trigger has no creep.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Hey don't feel bad...................................LOL.
Why should i feel bad?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ooh, look at this, the Mountaineer is on sale till the end of the month. Perhaps this should be my next inline purchase.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
My socks never wear out, and my trigger has no creep.
Compared to you, i am like Joe whatshisname that Al Capp used to write about. Remember him/them? Lil Abner?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Compared to you, i am like Joe whatshisname that Al Capp used to write about. Remember him/them? Lil Abner?
I remember him, but not what he said. I can hardly remember what I said.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Just received my Mountaineer today and to be honest, i am not really impressed. I knew I should have tried to find one locally to shoulder and check out first. But, i fell into the hype once again. I dont think it is worth the price compared to some of the cheaper TC products. I didn't realize how much of a break action guy i am, till today. I like my Omega better.
Don't get me wrong it is a nice ML and seems put together well but even with the bare primer deal it is a pain to put a primer in. i havent shot it yet but did try to put a primer in to see how it works. it would be impossible with gloves, even thin gloves.
So, if you are looking for a Mountaineer keep an eye open in the classifieds you may find a slightly used one before long. If the range does not change my mind, it will be sooner than later.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Just received my Mountaineer today and to be honest, i am not really impressed. I knew I should have tried to find one locally to shoulder and check out first..........................did try to put a primer in to see how it works. it would be impossible with gloves, even thin gloves.
Myself, i cannot install a primer in any of my rifle with gloves on. This includes the Omega, and also the break action rifles.

I must admit, the Mountaineer on sale is lookin' mighty attractive. Just this morning wife asked if i had ordered it yet. Makes me think she thinks i think, it is pretty enough; it may be soon delivered to the front porch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.