Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New inline ??

Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I'd like another Knight Disc, mine has the 22 inch barrel, I'd like a 24...I'd also like one without the Monte Carlo stock...I prefer the original Disc over the Extreme...I also like the design as it's easy to remove the disc...

I also like the bolt design as it also means you get a nice adjustable trigger, kinda hard to have this with the break open designs...

Guess I'll just keep the Knight, all I need...
Oops! I have to disagree. My Optima came out of the box with a 2 1/2lb trigger with no creep or over travel.

My trigger scale gave up the ghost, so I had the gun shop check it. He wouldn't believe it wasn't a custom trigger.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first Accura i brought home was purchased because i wanted to try a break action rifle. The Triumph is what i really wanted, but it just doesn't fit my face. The trigger on my Accura had a little creep. It wasn't much, but it was there. The Accura is now about worn out. The trigger is better than new, but it still has a slight amount of creep, however it does break with little force.

Then when the V2 was released, i looked at the breech plug, and decided i had to see what it would take to make it reliable when loaded with BH209. The V2 has a decent trigger with a slight amount of creep.

Bein's how the Accura seemed to be about worn out, i decided to get another to replace it. The new Accura also has a nice trigger. The trigger on this new rifle has a slight amount of creep.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned

How did you wear it out with so little shooting? I put over 3,000 rounds through mine without any wear or issue.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
The first Accura i brought home was purchased because i wanted to try a break action rifle. The Triumph is what i really wanted, but it just doesn't fit my face. The trigger on my Accura had a little creep. It wasn't much, but it was there. The Accura is now about worn out. The trigger is better than new, but it still has a slight amount of creep, however it does break with little force.

Then when the V2 was released, i looked at the breech plug, and decided i had to see what it would take to make it reliable when loaded with BH209. The V2 has a decent trigger with a slight amount of creep.

Bein's how the Accura seemed to be about worn out, i decided to get another to replace it. The new Accura also has a nice trigger. The trigger on this new rifle has a slight amount of creep.
After reading your post I went tried my trigger to make sure. No creep.

Also a quote from the review I posted on this forum. (along with others)

"The trigger pull on the Accura V2 was 2 ½ lbs out-of-the-box, very crisp with no creep. CVA is to be commended for not installing a “lawyer’s trigger” on their rifle. With a target rifles’ trigger pull, it was easy to shoot for accurate groups on the range."

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 11-20-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Oops! I have to disagree. My Optima came out of the box with a 2 1/2lb trigger with no creep or over travel.

My trigger scale gave up the ghost, so I had the gun shop check it. He wouldn't believe it wasn't a custom trigger.
And if you prefered a 3 1/2 pound trigger what would you do???
Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

buy a savage
Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it couldn't be set a bit firmer. (i'm sure it could) I'd buy an Accura. It's the same trigger, but adjustable.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
After reading your post I went tried my trigger to make sure. No creep. ........................
Yer Optima is worth about 2/3 Accura. Yer Optima has no creep. My 3 Accura all have creep.

Final result is 2 1/3 CVA rifle with creepy trigger. So............it is settled.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
How did you wear it out with so little shooting?...............................
Yer statement here puzzles me; i have no recollection of me writing there was only a few shots through the Accura.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Sounds like you just have bad luck with things wearing out LOL. Guns, vent liners. I don't even want to ask about your vehicles! LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.