Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New inline ??

Old 11-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Myself, i have 2 Knights with the nfpj breech plug. Would you like some information from me? I've never received anything free from Knight. I've never gotten any help from Sabotloader with my Knights. More than once i have mentioned not so complementary things about my Knight products. Never once have i been flamed. Oops, i was too flamed; by a CVA shill. Isn't that interesting? I was flamed for making negative comments about my Knight products by a CVA shill. My Knight breech plugs work just fine, now. My Elite is a reliable, well built, accurate, well balanced, good feeling rifle.

I am sick of being told lies by people that receive free products. I remember who they are. In my world a man's word is a man's word.

Just so you know, i have used a mallet to beat the bolt of my extreme open. Anybody that would use a mallet to beat a bolt closed is an idiot. I have wrestled with my Knight some, but i also have been able to cure any issues myself. The breech plug in my Knight extreme required some fixing by myself. The breech plugs in my Accura(s) required modification to be reliable with BH.

There is a fella that pushed Knight products. He hasn't been writing on this forum as of late. He is a bully. His tactics can be detrimental to the success of Knight' return to the market. However, one thing i haven't ever noticed from him, is a lie. Also, he has helped some fellow forum members, with their problems with Knight.

I have been curious for some time now, if CVA knows about them simpletons that are pushing their product. They have pissed just about everybody on these forum off to the point where the last rifle in the world they would purchase is a CVA. Myself, i own 3 Accura. They are a reliable straight shooting rifle. What a hunter desires when he hunts, is a straight shooting reliable rifle. I'll not lie about how good their trigger is. I'll not lie about how reliable they are igniting BH. In my world a man's word, is a man's word.
Amen brother Amen,
Old 11-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

hahaa the funny part is, i was slammed every which way by the TC guys who've now turned into knight guys, who now apparently have their nose close in knights customer service complaint calls.

Its funny really. I can shoot all kinds of guns and they still whine and moan. I have even thought about going back to traditional AGAIN just to show that it doesn't matter much to me what i shoot.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
hahaa the funny part is, i was slammed every which way by the TC guys who've now turned into knight guys, who now apparently have their nose close in knights customer service complaint calls.

Its funny really. I can shoot all kinds of guns and they still whine and moan. I have even thought about going back to traditional AGAIN just to show that it doesn't matter much to me what i shoot.
This thread isn't about you.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

Well im feeling left out.....

Oh lets all just drop it guys. I honestly miss the old days when we all used to have fun and enjoy each other.

Im done giving others grief, even when just wanting to poke fun. I had a lot more enjoyment when we weren't trying to scratch out each others eyes. What others want to do, go right ahead. Myself, im not going to get worked up anymore, tired of it and tired of seeing others in need of help not receiving it.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh lets all just drop it guys. I honestly miss the old days when we all used to have fun and enjoy each other.

Im done giving others grief, even when just wanting to poke fun. I had a lot more enjoyment when we weren't trying to scratch out each others eyes. What others want to do, go right ahead. Myself, im not going to get worked up anymore, tired of it and tired of seeing others in need of help not receiving it.
+1

I get tired of it too.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Ya the post is getting a little out of hand!!! I do want to thank all of you who responded to my question. It is very helpful, I will be using my old Knight Revolution this year. it has been a pretty good gun, & I have taken a few deer with it. I would also like to say this: and I know times change but, when I did have a problem with my Knight Revolution I got the best customer service I could have asked for, They were Great!! as I said Times change, (and this is awhile back)
but I like to give credit where credit is due, (I won't be purchasing one of those "HIGH Buck" units) can they be that much better?????
Thanks again, Doc
Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I sure hope this rings true. More than a few people need this approach.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by DocD
Ya the post is getting a little out of hand!!! I do want to thank all of you who responded to my question. It is very helpful, I will be using my old Knight Revolution this year. it has been a pretty good gun, & I have taken a few deer with it. I would also like to say this: and I know times change but, when I did have a problem with my Knight Revolution I got the best customer service I could have asked for, They were Great!! as I said Times change, (and this is awhile back)
but I like to give credit where credit is due, (I won't be purchasing one of those "HIGH Buck" units) can they be that much better?????
Thanks again, Doc
Doc, you are correct the Knight company trying to rebuild itself is not up the the standards set by the old company in its peak, but I truly believe it wants to get that point and if everything goes well I am sure it will be.

I can not tell you what you should buy, I can suggest to you that new Knights are good. If you prefer the Mountaineer it will offer you a Green Mountain Barrel with a very clean shooting breech area and a fully adjustable trigger. And let me one of the first to suggest that the new DISC Extreme is not slouch either - it is an excellent gun.

If you are looking for a break open or block action and you have the time to wait - Knight may offer you some new options early next year.

Standby very good guns... I still think the Omega was one of the more solid guns that TC ever offered and the new Triumph is probably one of the most accurate guns made - right out of the box.

Good luck hunting and good luck picking and choosing your new gun when you get to that point.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like another Knight Disc, mine has the 22 inch barrel, I'd like a 24...I'd also like one without the Monte Carlo stock...I prefer the original Disc over the Extreme...I also like the design as it's easy to remove the disc...

I also like the bolt design as it also means you get a nice adjustable trigger, kinda hard to have this with the break open designs...

Guess I'll just keep the Knight, all I need...
Old 11-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Banned

A great deal of the break opens ( ok mainly the Optima- Accura V2 & Apex) don't even need an adjustable trigger. No BS guys, both of my Optima's break at between 26 - 28oz with no grit. My brothers V2 Breaks at 1.5lbs. I can't imagine wanting anything lighter than that on a factory trigger. Dry graphite makes them feel even better, i use a dab of it on the breech plugs as well, if you could blow hard enough they'd screw it LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.