Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day? >

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Spike

My husband always asks me to go on opening day and I do about 50% of the time. I love hunting, but I know how important it is to him too (and it's a lot to take me lol) so I don't go sometimes. He insists, but I know when I go shopping, sometimes I'd rather be by myself! LOL
We hunt together a lot and it's a great bonding experience! Guys, if your wife doesn't like hunting, sacrifice some hunts to be with her and I bet you will see a big difference in her response to going with you!!! Make sure she has good gear and is comfortable too... anything to enhance the experience. Also, never give up on her!!! It took me nearly 5 years to adjust to hunting before I fell completely passionate about the sport. Archery helped a little too
Old 12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Are you kidding? I already take her fishing, Hunting is my time! She xmas shops and makes me pay for not taking her. IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kountrykristi
My husband always asks me to go on opening day and I do about 50% of the time. I love hunting, but I know how important it is to him too (and it's a lot to take me lol) so I don't go sometimes. He insists, but I know when I go shopping, sometimes I'd rather be by myself! LOL
We hunt together a lot and it's a great bonding experience! Guys, if your wife doesn't like hunting, sacrifice some hunts to be with her and I bet you will see a big difference in her response to going with you!!! Make sure she has good gear and is comfortable too... anything to enhance the experience. Also, never give up on her!!! It took me nearly 5 years to adjust to hunting before I fell completely passionate about the sport. Archery helped a little too
My Wife has the Best of Everything to Make Her Comfortable while out Hunting, Im not going to sacrifice any Hunting time to be with Her because She gets all of Me 99% of the rest of the Year. Hunting Seasons too short to spend Quality Time with Your Wife while the Big Bucks are Rutting. Dont get Me wrong I Love My Wife and the time we spend togeather is always good, but how much more Quality Time do You Women Need It's HUNTING SEASON, you knew We were Hunters when You Married Us.
In all Seriousness any time spent with My Wife Hunting is Quality Time, what other Quality Time is There
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

My first wife was 'almost' that adventurous, but in the end, her 'animal loverness' would get the best of her. She would slip little love notes into my gear each season, which would always end with "I love you, and good luck DEER!"

My current wife might take me out someday (gun, knife, electrocution, ). Or maybe she should could just offer to go hunting with me; I would die from shock instantly .
Old 12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I met My Wife at Friends House I was Hunting at 26 Years ago....I took a Buck and She came out to see it just befor I was going to Field Dress it, She offered to hold the Back Legs for Me, it was Love at First Sight. When She took and Held the Bucks Urine Sack so I could put a Twist Tie on it to save for the Urine, I Married Her!
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a nice story of true love. I like it. Sometimes it seems like wife put a tie around my sack. She does whatever it is she wishes, and that is the way it is. She never wishes to come with, hunting. Sometimes i feel so blessed.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

My next girl friend... Im taking her hunting! Decided it would be good to have a woman around to keep the coffee hot and make me breakfast in the mornings.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have been married 35 years. My wife hates the cold and loves sleeping in on Saturdays. I would love it if she would go occasionally. she would probably get tired of me saying" why not, there aint nobody out here but us". Just kidding,kinda. I have the best hunting partner wife in the world; makes sure the ol hunting cabin has the right amount of provisons and will make desserts for me to take up there when I go. She always will listen to what I mention I need for hunting and at Christmas she comes thru most times if she can. I have it made compared to most of my other hunting friends.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Spike

BP- My husband sacrificed a whole YEAR of hunting when we first got married. That kind of selflessness is what attracted me to him. I guarantee my advice would bring a happier marriage for some. Good luck to you!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Spike

my wife has not missed opening day with me for 7 years. Got pics of her guttin her deer when she was 6 months pregnant with our son. Gunner will get a kick out of those pictures of him mom when he gets older