Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day? >

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Treasure what you have. My wife hunted with me for 46 years then died of cancer now I hunt alone and its not the same or near as much fun. She hunted with bow and muzzleloader and brought home a lot of deer.
Your Not alone Lee Im sue She's there with You on each and every Hunt. That's why I have always said that The Memories we bring home from the Hunt are more Important than the Game We Harvest.
Im sure She was a Great Lady and is Sadly Missed.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

No I never have but if she would tell me she wanted to go I would have NO PROBLEM at all with it. For our first anniversary she bought me my first deer rifle, and I still have it, it's put up for one of my grandsons. On the 13th of this month we celebrated our 35th. she loves to fish and shot her PINK SIG SAUR .380 My wife has never stoped me from buying anything when it comes to firearms or going hunting.:happy0157

I lost my hunting partner 22 years ago but the memories of my dad will be there forever.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Treasure what you have. My wife hunted with me for 46 years then died of cancer now I hunt alone and its not the same or near as much fun. She hunted with bow and muzzleloader and brought home a lot of deer.
lemoyne...Sorry to hear that you lost your loving and lifelong hunting companion. My ex-wife did not hunt and could care less about it but I definitely do treasure the gal I have now. She has been my loving wife and hunting companion of these past 18+ years and she loves to hunt. She grew up in a hunting family and we have hunted together since 1989 when we started dating. She has taken deer with a bow and ML as well. Here she is with one of many deer she has taken since we've been together.
BPS
Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

17 years ago my wife asked me how come you dont take me hunting with you. I told her didnt know you wanted to go. I borrowed a 243 from my brother in law and she shot a doe with it, from that day on she was hooked. Now she has her own mathews bow, cva mz, ruger 30-06 and I think she has more hunting clothes than I do. She has become my hunting partner. I cant even imagine hunting a season with out her being there. With our work schedules we dont get to hunt every single time together(she is a nurse to), but if I'm working she will go by herself. She can gut her own deer and skin one to. She has tallied over 30 deer in the last 17 years and has two of them mounted. She to has a problem getting out of bed in the morning, but she manages to get up. I have learned if i need to leave the house at 4am I just tell her were leaving at 3am, so that way I'm out the door at 4 hehe. Its really been a joy to have her hunting with me all these years, nothing that I would change.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's her latest one, she shot it last sat evening. Nice fat doe.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?-102_1142.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Spike

My wife does not go hunting with me even though she loves to eat the deer meat........the only other person that goes with me is my 10yr old son, an he's already hooked on shooting sidelocks or inlines......Santa gonna bring him a new mz for Christmas....
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-31-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Up-Date.........The Wifes NOT going Hunting in the morning for Opening Day. Why....probably because She's the only Smart One. The Winds are now Howling at around 35mph with 50mph Gust, the same predicted for the Morning and for the rest of Opening Day. Im going to Bed as I have to get up in 4 Hours, I had a Nap earlier so Im refreshed. But She knows Her stuff and I taught Her well, She knows that every Deer in the County will be Bedded Down and Not Moving, Im going just because......you can fill in the rest.
Wish Me Luck.
BP
Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is a long time animal lover but she understands the reasons behind hunting and eats beef, pork, and deer. We just have that understanding that I support her shopping habits and she supports my hunting and gun buying.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sjsfire
My wife is a long time animal lover but she understands the reasons behind hunting and eats beef, pork, and deer. We just have that understanding that I support her shopping habits and she supports my hunting and gun buying.
Wife and i have no agreements. She does whatever she wishes; i go hunting alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.