Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day? >

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

She doesn't hunt, I don't shop...
Old 11-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

I got my wife into deer hunting last season. Well, I wouldn't say I got her into it, I coaxed her into going. She got a shot finally but missed. Fortunately I bagged the deer she missed the next evening.

This year I took her opening day with her dad. Her dad is the one who got me into deer hunting as I was a small game hunter before that. Anyway, we watched a couple does in the field that eventually left. Two more does showed up but seemed to be spooked by our blind and they left. Finally, just before dark, a nice little 6 ptr showed up. He was browsing in the field and gave her all the time in the world. She rushed the shot and missed. So that is 2 misses in 2 years. She thought I would be upset but I was only disappointed for her and not in her as I really would like to see her get a deer.

I am not sure she is going to stick with hunting, but I do hope to get her a deer before she gives it up.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

hell no!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Treasure what you have. My wife hunted with me for 46 years then died of cancer now I hunt alone and its not the same or near as much fun. She hunted with bow and muzzleloader and brought home a lot of deer.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

My wife sometimes hog hunts with me. She also goes along to check the hog traps. After watching one episode of Lady Hoggers; i'm trying to convince her of her need for a set of DDs.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Spike

Hello,

My wife wants to try hunting, which I am willing to get her set up to go next season. She wants to try waterfowl and deer I have 2 rifles so I'll probably let her try it.

oilcan72
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

My wife enjoys hunting in a heated blind. And her biggest worry is the bathroom situation because.....there is none.

D
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doug100g
My wife enjoys hunting in a heated blind. And her biggest worry is the bathroom situation because.....there is none.

D
Sure there is. Plenty of bushes out there to go behind.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Sure there is. Plenty of bushes out there to go behind.
I said the same thing to My Wife on where to go, but I also told Her to watch out because there's a-lot of Guy's out there Whitetail Hunting
Old 11-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Maybe one of these days i'll find one that understands.
When you do, ask her if she has a sister.................or a daughter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.