Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Camping Gear

Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Perhaps i missed something. Seems i read you were going to be camped there for the duration of hunting season. Unless your hunting season is a day or two long, you need a place to 'live'. When i first retired i spent the duration of that hunting season in a wall tent. I was there for 5 weeks, and believe me, i was comfortable. There was room to walk around, hang wet clothes, cook, sit and read, share tales etc. Folks that have never 'lived' in a wall tent, can't imagine how comfortable it can be in the foulest of weather.

Our son now moves and stores his camp in a trailer.
You did miss some things. I need to stay mobile. I may be camped in a different spot everyday. I need to setup and take down alone. I have no interest in a trailer. My Jeep is capable of getting in some very rough areas, and I couldn't do it if I drag a trailer.

Everything has to fit in this.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a CJ many years ago. And you are right about one thing. There isn't much room.

Do you have a winch on the front??

I had a winch on the front of mine. But I used the winch that worked off of a trailer hitch so I could take it off when not using it.

I also liked that mount because I bought one of the storage racks that fit right into the same trailer hitch. I could easily put whatever I shot on that platform. Plus it was great for packing things in and out. Tom.