Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Something Different insted of a Wall Mount >

Something Different insted of a Wall Mount

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Something Different insted of a Wall Mount

Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Something Different insted of a Wall Mount

I've gotten to the point if where I dont have enough room to hang any more Deer Heads on My Wall so I came up with this idea of making Deer Antler Lamps. This Lamp is one made from the Antlers of the Buck I took during Last Seasons Late ML Season and the other Antler on it is one from a Memorable Bow Season 13 Pointer. I just get so much more Joy out of the Lamp than just another Deer Head on the Wall (and so does My Wife Connie)
Also Pictured is a Walleye I took this past Summer in the Southtowns Walley Tournament, a 11.31lb Walleye that netted me $500 and 10th Place in the Tournament with Hundreds of enterants, Im having it Mounted and it should be ready this April. My Buddy I fished with caught the 2nd Place Fish and it weighed in at 11.89lbs. Were Fisherman in the Spring and Summer and Deer Hunters in the Fall.
Attached Thumbnails Something Different insted of a Wall Mount-dsc09978.jpg   Something Different insted of a Wall Mount-dsc09776.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pay Day
Attached Thumbnails Something Different insted of a Wall Mount-dsc00005.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The worst part of this is My Walleye was taken around 7am and the weigh stations closed at 4pm. Our Digital Scale weighed the fish at 9 1/2lbs so I figured OK it's a 9 1/2 Pounder so it's a $50 Dollar Fish, so we fished untill about 3:30 so we had time to come in and weigh My Walleye befor the weight scales closed at 4pm. When I had My Walleye weighed and i topped the scales over 11lbs I was Shocked!!!!!!!!! the dang Digital Scale we had was BAD, and if I'd of came right in and weighed My Walleye I'd of probably of Won First Place in the Contest, I LOST Weight Fishing all day and not comminig in sooner to weigh in My Fish.......Dont Rely on High Tech Gadgets, go on your Instincts. It cost Me $4,500.00......the First Place Fish was 12.01lbs, Mine would have been over that as Mine was 31 1/2" long and the First Place Fish was only 31".......Fishing all day lost Me Weight and Money befor I weighed in My Walleye.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Spike

Still a nice 'eye though. I agree with ya on always going with your gut. Tough in those kind of situations though.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love the lamp, it looks really good. That walleye is a dandy, gonna look good on the wall.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Typical Buck

Nice having you back Breech, how was the grape harvest this year?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Nice having you back Breech, how was the grape harvest this year?
Thank's, it's Nice to be with all of you again.
Grape Season was going just fine untill we had some 50++mph High Winds pass through one night and blow most of the Grapes off the Vine on some Farms we did'nt pick yet. It was sad to see all that blue on the ground under the Rows. It was'nt worth Picking after that so our Season was cut a little short. I really felt bad for some Farmers who had'nt even started to Pick or have there Grapes Picket yet.
The end of September and early October was about normal for Weather, but late October untill now has been above normal for temperatures. We've had days in early November that broke records in the 70's, and the day befor yesterday we had a Tornado, it's weird. There calling for a Green Thanksgiving with above Normal Temps also. Were usually COLD now and even Snowy.
Our RUT this Season has been Non Existent, probably because of the Warm Weather, Bow Season ends on Friday with our Gun Opener starting on Saturday so I'll be able to finally get My ML out, but it's not going to be the same as there calling for 55 Degrees for Opening Day, I'll be Hunting up in the Hills and there's usually Always Snow and Cold there for our Opener, but not this year.
Other than that Im good, My Wood is all cut and put away, all My chores are done and Im just hoping colder weather gets here befor too long.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Nice lamp! The turkey next to it would scare the hell out of me in the morning trying to turn it on. Nice bird as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned

love the lamp! That turkey mount looks pretty awesome as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breechplug

Nice way to see the light! That really does look good...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.