Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
the letter i am send back with the broken scope to tc >

the letter i am send back with the broken scope to tc

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the letter i am send back with the broken scope to tc

Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the letter i am send back with the broken scope to tc

after about an week i final got the address to send my broken tc scope back to. i included an letter explaining, how many shots where on the scope, what my hunting load is. and what load I was shooting when it broke.

Scope only has 100 or less shots on it, used on an sidelock. Normal load of 65grs of pyrodex p and an 250gr lee real. When testing 65grs of triple 7 3f and 320gr lee reals and 295gr powerbelt the cross hair move in 45degrees from the alinement. Did one more test the next range session to make sure it was not the rings and base, watched the zero fall off slowly in 15 shots. It was off the target by the last two shots.

I am ok with anything that can be done. 85 to 95% of muzzleloader odds and ends are TC products. I had really good luck with them. When I bought the scope I was hoping for the same luck. I was disappointed as well as heart broken to watch the scope go south.

Thanks
Corey Shaner

Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

About 4 weeks ago I bought a TC blackpowder scope kit for my Omega and it did the same this thing after about 10 shots. The crosshairs moved counter clockwise about 30 degrees from aligment, thankfully Gander Mt let me exchange it for other merchandise. I didnt want another one.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's why I like the Konus scope. the cross hair is etched on the glass.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

I never understood why people buy a gun then sight it in maybe if the scope lasts, then spend all the other money on supplies then put a cheap scope on there rifle....
Old 11-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

may get in trouble for this.

the rifle that one was on, I replaced it with an tasco bucksight. even cheaper. I have loads of luck with that make.

please no pissing contest over scope brands, tc on the phone told me they would replace or refund. I just to let them know the back ground of what the scope and load was being used and how disappointed on how one of there products was.

there is no excuses for any scope, to fail like it did.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by corey012778
please no pissing contest over scope brands

No problem Corey I just have had a few issues with less expensive scopes and now I buy once and cry once

Just saying
Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

and I have had luck with less expensive.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by corey012778
and I have had luck with less expensive.
Drive on Brother
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not going to lie, in general I have had good luck with cheap scopes too and I have one of those Tasco Bucksights and have had pretty good luck with it. I did have a buddy that had one of those fail and he now uses one of the T/C scopes. Really, anything can fail though and I've had more Leupolds fail than anything else.

However, in general I do tend to spend more on optics and I do like quality optics. Many times it's not that I've had such better luck with them, but I put more faith in some of the more expensive ones than I do with super cheap ones. I just always have a fear of the cheap ones breaking even though I've only actually had one fail and it failed right away.

That said, I can't say much bad about the Tasco Bucksight for the price, and like I said mine has been good to me. I have 3 friends that claim they have had issues with them, but one of them it seemed to be the gun imo, one may have actually had an issue, and another just started missing deer with it which is unusual for him. He never shot it at paper again to see what it was doing, and he just replaced it. So I'm not sure if they really were all bad or they just assumed it was the scope first thing since they were cheap. I have several other friends that use them and most of them have had great luck. It's surprising to me how such a cheap scope can work as well as it has.

It's also very comparable to my Leupold VX-I's I've used glass wise. Really in everything except for I've had 2 VX-I's fail, and no Tasco's.
That said, once you step up to a Burris FFII or similar, you realize what you are missing glass wise, and it's hard to go back.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

+ 1 on the Burris scopes. I have them on all of my rifles and am saving up to replace the mixed brand pistol scopes for my hand guns. I only have 7 to replace...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.