Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
your favorite hunting spot---picture post >

your favorite hunting spot---picture post

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

your favorite hunting spot---picture post

Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default your favorite hunting spot---picture post

I do not have nearly as nice of a place to hunt as you guys do. And I will openly admit that my most favorite spot in the world is a high mountain slide and open park in Paonia, CO. But I can't post from a snap shot photo. However I also do have my favorite spot here in WV.

I saw Semi's thread, so instead of piggy backing on his thread I thought I might share my favorite spot here in WV with you guys.

So please add in a photo of your favorite spot. And we should have a really nice thread of where everyone hunts. And hopefully in different parts of the country(or world). Tom.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Panning from right to left. Tom.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 1/2 way to the left. Tom.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

My favorite spot the past few years is in the field in front of my house and the woods to the side of the field. I live in a small subdivision (14 lots) and I am the only house in the place. I bought as the building boom died and I have about 40 acres of field and woods to hunt. I have a blind in the field and a stand in the woods. Deer don't live here, they kind of pass through but they pass through often enough to get a deer or two a year.

Excuse the bike, I will have to get a better photo online. This is pointing up from my house to the main road.

Head0001 - Great looking spot you have there.

Last edited by ADVWannabee; 11-14-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a screen capture from Google Earth of one of my three food plots. The plot itself is about 1/3 acre that I plant every year with wheat, oats & clover.

Here's the view of the plot from the box stand. That tree line at the rear of the plot is 175 yards out.

This picture was taken from about the middle of the plot, looking toward the box stand.

And a close-up of the box.

On a good day, I can sit back and watch the gals feed, hoping a horny buck will pay them a visit.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned

My hunting spot one of these years once i get something in the ground that will grow.

This is behind the thinned out tree area that you see in the first picture.

The long cut out area is my shooting range but will have Crimson clover planted next spring.

On small section right now that i have set up with a water tank and now a small pond.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 11-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lord help me to keep my mouth shut.

I wish I hadn't seen this.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of My Favorite Stands over looking a 100 Acre Corn Field boardering a Hardwoods and Bedding Area. I call it the (Corner Stand)
Now if this Picture works Im kinda Bummed as for all this time being a Member on this Forum everyone said I needed to go to Photo Bucket and do a bunch of stuff to download Pics to this site. Even worse I used to send My Pics to Sabotloader and have Him put them on for me.
I just went to the bottom of the page and hit (Go Advanced) then clicked on (Manage Attachments) then I went to My Pictures, selected one and uploaded it and Walah! Just like the other Forums Im on....
Attached Thumbnails your favorite hunting spot---picture post-dsc00509.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Lord help me to keep my mouth shut.

I wish I hadn't seen this.
LOL Shaddup muley, that was from this summer when i first laid down grass seed and hay. The feeder i use for hanging scent clothes from. Actually i need to put my drip bag out there.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
One of My Favorite Stands over looking a 100 Acre Corn Field boardering a Hardwoods and Bedding Area. I call it the (Corner Stand)
Now if this Picture works Im kinda Bummed as for all this time being a Member on this Forum everyone said I needed to go to Photo Bucket and do a bunch of stuff to download Pics to this site. Even worse I used to send My Pics to Sabotloader and have Him put them on for me.
I just went to the bottom of the page and hit (Go Advanced) then clicked on (Manage Attachments) then I went to My Pictures, selected one and uploaded it and Walah! Just like the other Forums Im on....
OK It Worked.....I guess from now On OL Breechplug will be adding More Photos on His Own

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.