Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
your favorite hunting spot---picture post >

your favorite hunting spot---picture post

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

your favorite hunting spot---picture post

Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Lord help me to keep my mouth shut.

I wish I hadn't seen this.
I know Muley. Now you're going to have nightmares for the next week and wake up constipated every morning.

I'll be thinking of your torment next weekend while I'm sitting on a comfortable chair in one of my boxes, sipping coffee, reading a good book, and looking up every now and then to see if any deer have entered the plot.

Try to get THAT image out of your head old timer.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
LOL Shaddup muley, that was from this summer when i first laid down grass seed and hay. The feeder i use for hanging scent clothes from. Actually i need to put my drip bag out there.

Never saw your post before I made mine. I type like I hunt. Slow.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
I know Muley. Now you're going to have nightmares for the next week and wake up constipated every morning.

I'll be thinking of your torment next weekend while I'm sitting on a comfortable chair in one of my boxes, sipping coffee, reading a good book, and looking up every now and then to see if any deer have entered the plot.

Try to get THAT image out of your head old timer.
Maybe you can someone else to take the shot for you?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe you can someone else to take the shot for you?
Now I know you're secretly wishing I would offer you that chance. But the only guest we allow are youngsters. And you ain't no youngster.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
And you ain't no youngster.
I'll agree with that.

I think I lost my teeth...................you seen them?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

My No1 and No2 Favorite Stands.....the first one is on our piece of Property that has the Tennessee Gas Pipeline runs through it. The Tennessee Gas Pipe Line starts in NY and goes all the way to Tennessee, the Property is 263 Acres with a Swamp in the Middle of it surrounded by Hardwoods, Pines and a-lot of Real Thick Stuff.
The fist Pic is My No 2 Stand that is located along the edge of the Swamp, the Deer Cross there and run the edge of the Swamp. The next Pic is My No1 Stand, it's a Natural Funnel as the Deer have to go by My Stand to get by the Swamp.
Attached Thumbnails your favorite hunting spot---picture post-dsc04315.jpg   your favorite hunting spot---picture post-dsc04350.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Our muzzleloading season comes the end of November and early December. So normally this is a snowy time of the year.

this is normally what the trails through my woods look like. I kind of like it. Me and Semisane could sit out there in the sun and enjoy the weather..

right around that curve is a tree stand that over looks the marsh. But this year I am going to be hunting out of a ground blind.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad that looks like a winter wonderland. I can feel the snow falling down the back of my neck as I type this response!!

How much snow do you guys get in a year??

When I could walk I really enjoyed hunting in the snow. Good luck to you in your new stand. Tom.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Um Jon, i think you need to pull that feeder lol. i lived in Colorado and they frown on those things, even if your just hanging clothes off it or a drip bag
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Me and Semisane could sit out there in the sun and enjoy the weather..
Well Cayugad, I guess we could sit out there together. But I'm not sure both of us would be enjoying the weather.

But this year I am going to be hunting out of a ground blind.
I like ground blinds also and have a couple scattered around the lease. My hunting buddies laugh at them and call them my "Redneck Blinds".

I make them with the boards of old torn down fences that someone has put out as trash. This one is right off the edge of that plot pictured earlier. It's the one I killed a nice little 8 pt. buck from with my .54 Great Plains flinter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.