HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   I just couldn't contain myself (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/352938-i-just-couldnt-contain-myself.html)

bronko22000 11-08-2011 03:23 PM

I just couldn't contain myself

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, not ML related but have to relate to my buddies. Went out today after work. A couple days ago I saw some scrapes about 75 yds off the highway when I was walking in to one of my stands. So I thought I would just set up about 25 yds off the trail on the ground. Expecting the deer to be coming from the south and watching that way intently as my hearing is not what it used to be. I happened to look to the north and all I could see was a rack coming above the goldenrod. My heart skipped a beat. He came out onto the trail and looked directly at me a couple times but i remained motionless. As he was standing there on the trail I was watching him check the wind and thought for sure he was going to turn right and come right down the trail. But I eased out my range finder and checked him any way. Distance was 43 yds - checked 2 times. He took another step and I had a feeling he wasn't going to come down the trail but start walking away. He was perfectly broadside and as he put his head down I came to full draw, settled the 40 yd pin low on his chest and released. He whirled around about the same time the arrow smacked into his chest. I heard the solid "whoom". Knees started shaking and I was breathing a bit heavy. I looked at my watch - 4:30. I waited 15 mins and gathered my stuff together and walked over to where he was standing. Immediate blood, good sign. I looked in the direction he ran and thought I saw a white belly but wasn't sure. So I walked out to the truck and blew the horn 4 times. The signal to my buddy that I hit one. I drove down and picked him up and we went up with flashlights just in case the track job took longer than expected. Well it turned out the white I saw was indeed his white belly. He only went 50 yds. My arrow was perfectly placed. Right thru the top center of the heart.

Muley Hunter 11-08-2011 03:29 PM

Nice job.

Which one are you in the picture?

flounder33 11-08-2011 03:32 PM

Nice Buck Bronko!

stripercrazy 11-08-2011 03:36 PM

wow great buck great shot

bronko22000 11-08-2011 03:38 PM

Muley, I'm the horny one,,:)

builder459 11-08-2011 03:39 PM

Really nice buck and with a stick even lol..

cayugad 11-08-2011 03:48 PM

Very nice buck. Congratulations on a good arrow there.

sabotloader 11-08-2011 04:12 PM

bronko22000

Whoa! what a beauty... Nice job!!!

Semisane 11-08-2011 04:19 PM

YeeeeeeeHAAA! Nice one my man. Congrats.

sqezer 11-08-2011 04:26 PM

Great looking buck Bronko.:)