Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I cant believe this price. >

I cant believe this price.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I cant believe this price.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Just shows us the mark up on them. 75 normal and 32 on sale a lot of mark up in them things.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the gun ramrod will work in the field to load the gun. It will work on the range too. I just screw on a T-handle at the range, and when I clean.
No range rod needed.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

No body said it wouldn't work (tight ass) but it is easier with a range rod, when you are running up and down the barrel as much as I do at the range and when cleaning.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why is it easier moneybags?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Well for one, my factory rod has a lot of flex that I don't like. But don't ssk me, ask the guys that think they are so much better, they pay as much as 85.00 bucks shipped for one.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
7.62 I used to think and do the same. But, if you had a range rod, you would never use the one that came with it. Except to reload in the field. They are so much easier and have, something to push down on, when you have a tight loading bullet. Instead of the rod killing your hand.
Originally Posted by lemoyne
7.62NATO
Thats just what I did for many years, I received one of the new rods we are talking about as a gift now if I got to the range with out it I would go back and get it. It made a difference in my groups I am not real sure why just that it did improve them.
Hmmm...well I use -- and would still use -- a short starter with a palm saver on the end of it. The palm saver is generally used to send the bullet home and always to seat it (I put close to my full body weight when seating). So, I still am not seeing the advantage. Perhaps one of you should send me one so I can see the light.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
Well for one, my factory rod has a lot of flex that I don't like. But don't ssk me, ask the guys that think they are so much better, they pay as much as 85.00 bucks shipped for one.
My factory rod isn't flexible, and with a t-handle screwed on it easily reaches the BP with no load. So, it's plenty long enough. Also, Thors load easily. No short starter needed.

Why do I need a range rod again?

btw..I don't load those funny, hard loading, plastic wrapped bullets. You'd probably need a range rod for those.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

7.62NATO, I've had one of those Lehigh/Knight range rods for the last couple of years and ordered a second one yesterday so as to have one for swabbing and one with the load indicator set for the load I'm shooting. Over the years I've used a bunch of different rods. Believe me, there are none better.

I know it's difficult to imagine the difference between using a good range rod and the gun's rod. But if you could borrow one of those range rods to load and clean for a shooting session you would be ordering one as soon as you returned home.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's just more crap to drag to the range. My way works fine.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

One of the things that was asked of the original testers of the rod by Lehigh was to complete an evaluation of the product. From these evaluations Lehigh Dave did make some minor changes to improve the offering.

This is a write I did about them... but remember I am not a writer I stuggled in English classes... I was a product tester and they asked for a write up, so these were my thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.