Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I cant believe this price. >

I cant believe this price.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I cant believe this price.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

Should have bought bergara rifle barrels for it. They are far better than tc's.

But it only makes sense you sold them at a lose. Nowadays guns go down in value. Hell I see 250-400 dollar barrels sell for 150-225, all the time.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, I just can’t see a “range rod” being that beneficial. My gun’s ramrod is cut down so that it can accept the SpinJag loader. So, it’s so short that I would definitely notice if I double charged, etc. I use BH209, so I really don’t need to swab or clean the barrel at the range (i.e. there is not a lot of jag changing going on). And during a range session, I just slip a muzzle/crown guide on my ramrod and leave it on the whole session.

So…what am I missing here?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

7.62NATO

What do you use to clean your rifle? Myself, i use a range rod. Now, i wish to know what i am missing.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, im ordering another one.

I think many of us suggested having them on sale shortly after they were offered. Its a great range rod but the original price was hard for many people to consider.

The current price will average out the original price i paid to a more acceptable level and hopefully others will buy one now. The price is great and hopefully after the "sale", the "normal" price will be adjusted to a more attractive price point.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Well I called and sent an email to the Gordy Edwards this morning we shall see what takes place now

If they fix the problems I will be the first to give them a good word....
Old 11-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
Don't worry about it donjose, these are all the same guys, that knight does no wrong and as soon as some one has a bad experience they all chime in with how it must be you, and you are the ass for not being satisfied with the ****ty service, you are getting.

If knight is better off, you not ordering from them. Maybe they will be better off, if no one does. It doesn't matter the customer, from what I have read with your and MD's experience, they are definatly not the old knight but a plastics company trying to play a gun mfg. It is very sad that they can not do a better job of getting people trained and up to par, knowledge wise, to deal with customers. You would think they would want to do a better job so, they can keep their employees working and out of the unemployment line.
Thanks Brother,
So far I have only posted on this forum but soon I will travel to other forums and let them know as well....
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ron - I just use my gun's ramrod. After I am done shooting at the range, I change to a cleaning jag and run a few patches of Hoppe's down the barrel so that it has time to work during the trip home. Then I clean later that day.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

7.62 I used to think and do the same. But, if you had a range rod, you would never use the one that came with it. Except to reload in the field. They are so much easier and have, something to push down on, when you have a tight loading bullet. Instead of the rod killing your hand.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

7.62NATO
Thats just what I did for many years, I received one of the new rods we are talking about as a gift now if I got to the range with out it I would go back and get it. It made a difference in my groups I am not real sure why just that it did improve them.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Thanks, im ordering another one.

I think many of us suggested having them on sale shortly after they were offered. Its a great range rod but the original price was hard for many people to consider.

The current price will average out the original price i paid to a more acceptable level and hopefully others will buy one now. The price is great and hopefully after the "sale", the "normal" price will be adjusted to a more attractive price point.
Scott, i forgot all about those conversations we had amoung the group of testers hoping that Knight would do exactly as you say. I am sure that this might just be a short sale and I would hope that those that want a range rod would take full advantage of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.