Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Is this a scratch, or a crack? >

Is this a scratch, or a crack?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is this a scratch, or a crack?

Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Blowing it up to 400% on my screen I can see some "buggering" marks right on the corner of the top of the receiver. I would be willing to bet someone got the breech plug stuck and used some kind of tool to take it out and dinged the receiver.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

it's a CVA, with their rep. i wouldn't take a chance. that scratch could turn into a crack, with their cheap stuff.

Take it easy MD, just joking.

But, seriously, who is cleaning that thing? it wouldn't suprise me if you said no one.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
it's a CVA, with their rep. i wouldn't take a chance. that scratch could turn into a crack, with their cheap stuff.

Take it easy MD, just joking.

But, seriously, who is cleaning that thing? it wouldn't suprise me if you said no one.
Man, between you and head, this sure turned into a bash BigDaddy thread!Thanks for the input!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter

Please tell me your smoking marijuana right now because you have a prescription for it. If not, why in the world would you say something so stupid? The guy is just asking for opinions plain and simple. In the end he will do what he thinks is right. This is exactly why people are afraid to post things on this board and other boards.

Last edited by Grouse45; 11-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Man, between you and head, this sure turned into a bash BigDaddy thread!Thanks for the input!

If you think I bashed you then please accept my apology. I did not mean to bash. And I even said my question might seem a bit abrupt.

But the question is relevant. How did the mark get there?? Did you scratch it?? Drop it?? Or did it just appear out of the blue?? That is a very important question. If you think it is bashing, then again I apologize. But the question is very relevant. Tom.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
If you think I bashed you then please accept my apology. I did not mean to bash. And I even said my question might seem a bit abrupt.

But the question is relevant. How did the mark get there?? Did you scratch it?? Drop it?? Or did it just appear out of the blue?? That is a very important question. If you think it is bashing, then again I apologize. But the question is very relevant. Tom.
I don't think you meant anything bad at all. I understand what you are trying to say but? Haven't you ever got a scratch on your gun/car/window and didn't realize how it got there? I think anything is possible to tell you the truth.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you Grouse.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

So, how did you screw up your gun?

Kidding...just kidding.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HEAD0001

Apology accepted. To be honest, if I knew how the mark got there, I would probably know if it is a sctatch or a crack. All I know, is I went to the range and shot 2 shots without swabbing inbetween shots. I did run som wet patches down it before I put it in the case. I noticed the crack when I was puting it in the case. I did not drop it, it did not fall off the bench, nothing. So I figured the only thing it could be is I either scratched it when I was swabbing it, or it cracked when I took one of the shots. But I dont remember seeing it "while" I was swabbing it either. So I think it happened some how between swabbing, and puting it in the case.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
So, how did you screw up your gun?

Kidding...just kidding.
I think it happened when I hit that buck over the head with it before I shot him, I was ttrying to daze him so he wouldnt run away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.