Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Shock Wave Sabots 250 grain >

TC Shock Wave Sabots 250 grain

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Shock Wave Sabots 250 grain

Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Shock Wave Sabots 250 grain

First time using them in my Encore...anyone ever have any issues with these?
I got a good group at 100 yrds around 1 1/4" then I went to move the group and they are all over the place? Sounds like a scope issue (Leupold VarxII 3x9)but I see nothing..its weird
Cleaning after every shot just to make sure its not that...
balistic tip may be getting a ring on it due to pushing it down the barrel but I dont think that is doing it because I started with a good group loading the same way...
MOA on scope is 2, moved 4 clicks and went 8 inches !!!
A little windy today but no enough to do damage....
Though I was going crazy so I went and got my Sako 7mm mag & put three all touching each other...
Will try again in the morning, if you have any ideas please post...
Not new to shooting, reloader for 30 yrs but Im scratching my head on this one..could it be my Encore just doesn't like them and the first 3 were a fluke?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check your scope mount and rings make sure they have not worked loose if no problem there check your stock bolt if that don't solve the problem try a different scope they do go bad sometimes.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

They are all I use. They sell an adaptor to put on the end of your ramrod made just for the ballistic tip on the shockwaves. Keeps you from smashing in the tip.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Omega and Genesis are fed a steady diet of SST/Shockwaves, with the black sabots. They just keep on landing groups around the 1.5" mark, and bringing deer down. Sounds like a scope base worked loose...iffin that turns out to be right, reassemble with blue loctite and rock on. If not, try something that you know works to eliminate equipment malfunction.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like the mounting of the scope has come loose or the scope has gone bad. I had the same problem and it was my scope mount had worked loose.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

IT turned out to be the scope...not loose just the MOA!!!!
2 MOA is stamped on the top of the elevation... 2 MOA is a pain in the butt, so use to 1/4 moa which makes absolute sense 1 - click 1/4 inch... 2 moa is close to 2" per click !!!! I always thought 2 moa was 1/2" ??? unless there is something really wrong with the scope which breaks my heart I'm a Leopold man since forever...back when I owned a H&F store thats all I pushed. Learn something everyday! it took me 20 shots to bring this under control and get on zero...wow
Headed to NW Ontario to bring home the new world record with a BP in my hand...I'll post pics for you guys first before I contact all the magazines!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

How in the world can you zero a 2" adjustment? Are you sure it's not 1/2?
Old 11-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Muley, it very easy to adjust a 2" MOA. All you need is some shims and duct tape.
Seriously though, I never heard of a 2" MOA. I would have to think it was 1/2" also.