Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
massive mountaineer problem..... >

massive mountaineer problem.....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

massive mountaineer problem.....

Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now you're talking. Good job Grouse.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Did the original owner ever have the BP out? You would think he would have had the problem before you did.

Might be why he picked it up on the cheap side. but, at least you can sleep good again!!!!

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 11-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Grouse45
josh...just josh,

I sent you a PM. Your rifle is taken care of.
Thank you very much Grouse!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Spike

Default jimsmokepole

I purchased a new Knight Mountaineer in Sept. 2011. I have been immensely happy with it and the insane accuracy Knight is famous for. However, I too have experienced a very, very difficult to remove breech plug. I have not had any damage of the threads but, after my average 10-12 shots on the range, it really takes lots of pressure to budge it. Once it becomes loose, then I'm ok, but I believe this is something that is potentially worthy of a recall by Knight.
Seems that other companies have never had issues like this with their B. plugs. If anyone hears anything from Knight, please do post.
Jim
Old 11-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Knight did fix the gun for me like new, I'm honestly really impressed with how well they handled it. I'm going to sell the gun though, as much as I like the gun and respect the company I just don't think that it is quite right for me.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jimsmokepole
I purchased a new Knight Mountaineer in Sept. 2011. I have been immensely happy with it and the insane accuracy Knight is famous for. However, I too have experienced a very, very difficult to remove breech plug. I have not had any damage of the threads but, after my average 10-12 shots on the range, it really takes lots of pressure to budge it. Once it becomes loose, then I'm ok, but I believe this is something that is potentially worthy of a recall by Knight.
Seems that other companies have never had issues like this with their B. plugs. If anyone hears anything from Knight, please do post.
Jim
I think you should phone Knight and let them know seems people out there dont think there is a problem but seems there are several people reporting now!!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jimsmokepole
Jim
I have shot my mountaineer a number of times at the range and have never had any trouble removing the BP. I do use grease.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by josh...just josh
Knight did fix the gun for me like new, I'm honestly really impressed with how well they handled it. I'm going to sell the gun though, as much as I like the gun and respect the company I just don't think that it is quite right for me.
Hey josh, send me a pm if you are thinking about selling, I love mine and I might be interested in yours if the price is right!!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by josh...just josh
Don't keep it too long!! It just may 'grow' on you.