Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

GOJO Swabbing

Old 11-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default GOJO Swabbing

Here is a photo of a few patches

Old 11-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess as long as it works and your comfortable using it.. that is all that matters. For a while, I used a lanolin hand cleaner for a roundball patch lube. Another poster told me about using it, and I figured.. what the heck if it don't work I can put it in the shop. It actually did shoot roundball better then I thought it would.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mean Green?

I seen on another thread that I can't seem to find now that someone mentioned swobbing with Mean Green cleaner? Does this work well? Use it straight or dilute it?

THANKS,
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Banned

i wonder if it has an abrasive in it?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

That gojo does not have an abrasive/pumice in it. It is the same kind we use in our shop. The gojo in the orange bottle on the other hand does have pumice in it. This gojo is more of a cream almost like lotion.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think GoJo has an abrasive. I know you can also get it in a tube which could be great for the range. Its about the same size as a Borebutter tube. I keep a tube in my workshop to clean my hands when they get greasy.
But my thought on using it as a bore cleaner is that it leaves something behind. Not sure it if would be good for the bore to let the residue behind. IMO the bore would need to be rinsed out and swabbed with alcohol then oiled.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather spend a little more and use a BP solvent. I'm sure Gojo won't hurt anything but I would make sure I rinsed the barrel and dried it real good.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see you are using triple 7 as your powder. For the last couple of years I have been using 90% alchohol for dampening the patches that I use to swab between shots. I guess my aim is not to clean the bore completely, but to get rid of most of the residue and make loading the next shot easier. I use the damp alchohol swab when shooting triple 7, pyrodex, and Goex and it does the job fine.
Actually a spit patch would work fine too but I like the way the alchohol dries so quickly so I use that.
If the go jo works good for you that is great, I just think it might be a little more than you really need for swabbing the bore.
Art
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe look at the groups I shot with it!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ge-report.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.